when will it end?

:) I just want to start out by giving everyone a big hello :D I am new to this site, i have visited it before, and the information is quite helpful. My so is in china, and we have filed our I-129f in Jan, of 2004. as of aug 2004 she has received packet 3 and filled out her info. i have contacted guz. and i am sure you agree, they responded, "her interview will be scheduled in three months" okay, i shall wait patiently, and as all of us know, it is not easy. is anyone in my shoes, can you please shed some light on this. How long? I am sorry for the long letter, but i miss my honey :( oh, is anyone from Ct? good luck to all of you with up-coming interviews :D

Welcome to the group 'guoqing'. I think you'll find many friendly folks here all in very similar circumstances and willing to help. Of course, take all information with a grain of salt.

We are almost on the same timeline as you are. I filed in Jan. 2004, returned P3 in July, and still waiting. And as you experienced, I've also been told that our interview should be sometime in late November.

You might consider posting your timeline in your signature.

Welcome....

-jim and Ningning

I received the following response from Guangzhou today.

The answers are as follows:

1.no, there won't be a problem. We will separate the applicant's given name.

2.We won't ask you any specific items for evidence of relation. Please

consider by yourself.

3.Due to the high volumn of cases we process, her case is not scheduled yet. We will notify you once it is set.

4.Please refer to the instruction packet to see which documents need to be

notarized.

IV unit

My questions were:

2nd Request, thank you.

1. My wifes name appeared on her P3 documents as Xiao Ying instead of

Xiaoying. Will this present a problem at interview time?

2. I have used OneSuite for telephone calls, I get an itemized listing of

the calls from the internet. Is this suitable documentation? AT&T had

charged me $5.95 cents per minute at one time so I no longer use them.

3. My wifes second name check was completed during the past week. Can you give me a guestimate of when she might receive the P4 and interview date?

4. Do I need to have any documents notarized (other than the I-134) such as the letter from my employer and bank for her interview?

Johnxiaoying,

Your question 2 seems pretty straightforward, but the reply from the consulate is really not a surprise to me. Yes, it is annoying and evasive, but not surprising.

If they said 'yes, the telephone card records are acceptable evidence' then the next thing you know they would be "required". The word would spread very rapidly and everyone would show up with telephone card records as evidence. With many people repeating similar questions about other types of evidence there would quickly be a standard of evidence that is 'endorsed' by the visa officers. This would lead to a checklist of required evidence to show the relationship and all visa requests would have the same 'required' evidence.

I'm sure that you and I, and probably most people reading CFL and other websites, wouldn't see a problem with that approach, but the visa officers probably would object to the standardization of the proof of relationship.

Afterall, isn't every relationship unique?

Some time ago I had a fairly long discussion with a visa officer at the consulate in Shenyang and he made me understand something. That is, the consulate will not tell you what evidence is needed, what is acceptable, and worst yet what is not acceptable. They leave it up to the petitioner and applicant to make the case.

That seemed a bit strange to hear that from him, but he elaborated on his point to day that the person must provide true evidence. The visa officer will look at the evidence presented and render a decision. It seems that some people have reported that the visa officer didn't even look at their package of evidence. My theory here is that the visa decision had already been made at that point.

If I were you I would compile the telephone records and send them to your fiancee` as evidence of relationship. I would use them as one piece of evidence of your relationship. Unless there is a case that clearly demonstrates that this type of record is inadmissible then I'd pursue it that way.

For my evidence package I will use telephone records similar to yours and also my telephone bills with the calls itemized. I will also have photographs and four years of email and cards and letters between my fiancee` and me.

All I can do is show the visa officer that my relationship with my fiancee`is true and hope he sees the truth.

sorry about the typo in the fifth paragraph above ....

I wrote  ...elaborated on his point to day...

I meant ...elaborated on his point to say...

don't worry about the Typo's! Until spell check was invented, I was lucky to be able to spell the word "I"! :lol:

Now thta spill cheack is easee to used, I kin spill width tha best of um!

1.no, there won't be a problem. We will separate the applicant's given name.

My questions were:

1. My wifes name appeared on her P3 documents as Xiao Ying instead of

Xiaoying. Will this present a problem at interview time?

Problem at interview time...of course not. They will fix it in their system. BUT...most likely you will get sent out for another name check on this corrected name. THAT is where the problem will/could be (ours ended up taking 6 months...after I finally got my Senator to contact the FBI it was done in 1 week). Hopefully, you do nto get nailed with this 2nd name check.

After my fiancee had submitted her P3. she got a request from GZ asking why her older daughter had not been in her visa application.

At the time her older daughter had been approved for college at Bejing Medical University, and she did not want to pass up this opporinutity to become a doctor.

This delayed our P4 for about a month, at least.

I think we can still apply for a visa for her older daughter, at a later time, but there is no way I could offer her a comparabe education in the US, without a $200,000.00 expense.

I am hoping that when she finishes her medical school. we can still sponser her for immigration.

jimb

I am hoping that when she finishes her medical school.  we can still sponsor her for immigration.

jimb

Of course you can still sponsor her, but she will still need to attend a university in the USA if she wants to practice in the States.

better do some research now and prepare for later. my bride is a Chinese doctor. She has practiced for 20 years, and will not be able to practice Western medicine in the USA. She is preparing to practice Chinese Medicine (Holistic)

and she will still need to attend some college classes.