Going to China in October

I am visiting my SO in October 15 - October 24. I am flying into Hong Kong on the 14th, and crossing the border via bus. On the 16th we are going to Beijing on a tour. We will see the Forbidden City, the Great wall, and more (it is a five day tour). After that is finish, we return to Shenzhen for a day or two and then I leave for the US again. I hope to take many photos, and post a few on the gallery here. I am starting to wish the day was already here, but I must wait more then 2 weeks still.

Is there anyone else here that is going at the same time?

... then going for our interview on the 20th.

Turtle --

I wish you all the best for the interview. Looks like our travel plans are very similar. I saw that you are flying Cathy Pacific in another post. I am also going via Cathy Pacific from San Francisco (I fly up to S.F. from LAX on American Airlines ).

By time I am done with the visa process, I think I will have visited China at least 7 times...

By time I am done with the visa process, I think I will have visited China at least 7 times...

Well, I hope the process can speed up a bit. It's just getting crazy. The sad thing is that I've only been to China once since starting this process, and that was way back in January... I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time in China the past few years working and going to school, but once I started my job last summer, the vacation time and trips to China pretty much dried up. Now I'm kicking myself that we didn't start the k1 process earlier!

I'll be heading out the 14th...landing in HK the 15th where Yunling will meet me...don't know if we will stay overnight in HK as won't be landing until 5:30pm, or jump on a bus and head to GZ...will fly back the 24th, this is my 3rd trip....was hoping it be my last, but looks like there will be one more in my future...