Ticket prices

OK, I know there have been threads on this topic but ... anybody have a general idea of the cheapest way for me to go to China in either November or February?

So far the prices seem to be about the same for either time. What I have found is about $840 r/t from Nashville to Shanghai.

Is there a cheaper way? Priceline?

I've also seen posts mentioning getting a one-way and then buying a one-way back after you're in China. My wife called airlines in China the other day to try to get the fares but they said it was too early to know yet.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far the prices seem to be about the same for either time.  What I have found is about $840 r/t from Nashville to Shanghai.

Is there a cheaper way?  Priceline?

You might get a little cheaper than that .. but that's really pretty good.

In Shanghai I remember United, ANA and JAL (and sometimes other airlines) would often offer roundtrips to the east coast for under RMB 6,000, but they were originating in Shanghai.

I guess they still don't book in advance like we do here in the States. Can make it difficult if you are planning to book a return flight from there. I remember time frames like 3-4 weeks before you want to fly as the earliest they would book a flight, not sure how it is now in China.

Anyone know time frames nowadays? :D

James,

If you were flying directly out of SFO (San Francisco), the fare would be much cheaper. My Sep., 29 flight from SFO to PVG is $735. My previous fare in January was $606, if that helps.

I wouldn't suggest buying any portion of the ticket in China, that involves a departure or arrival to or from the US. It is the same price as the US if not more.

I am an ABC living in San Francisco so I have access to numerous Chinese travel agents that have been able to get me fares much cheaper than any website can offer, providing seats are still available. If you would like a contact, let me know.

Jarrod

Guest blsqueaky
Check out this airline consolidator, I have been getting pretty good deals from them. I got a ticket in June fun $950 at the last minute, and my ticket in December is $950. On the regular airline sites, they are twice as much. I also checked out other "travel sites", also much more expensive.

Here is the URL:

http://www.cheapinternationalflights.net/

I just checked this site out, and found some real great prices. Columbus to HK, $794, r/t, and if I remember, united. Columbus to Chicago, then direct to HK.

Jason, thanks for posting this.

Guest blsqueaky
The best thing to do???.......is just jump the plane! when you are ready to go. Prices will vary but just go for it,,,,,that simple!

I found North Western to be the best flight.

Good luck to    ya!!............ :lol:

Yes ty, I also looked that the NW flight, but about $200 more. I know that I can use that for my frequent flyer miles, but I think now that United is a code share. I think about time to check my balance, and see if my last flight was credited.