Question #1 - My fiancee, Hai Yan is returning her P-3 today. She is sending it via EMS. Should she adresss the envelope in English? They only gave her the Engish address for GZ. If so will there be any problem for the Chinese postal system to deliver it to GZ? Should she have the address translated into Chinese and then send it?

Question #2 - Also, my fiance has a nine year old son. I am assuming she must fill out a copy of DS-230, OF-169 and, P3 Suplemental sheet for him, as well as herself. Is this correct? She received three copies of these three forms. I have no idea why.

As soon as we get an answer to these Questions the forms will be mailed?

Thanks Everyone!

Hi John, concerning #2: make sure she fills out the 3 forms for the child also, my fiance got them with P3 and did not filled them for his daughter as she will not be immigrating to USA, and even after stating so in 2 of the questions on DS230, he still got his forms back from the consulate asking for the forms for the daughter!!!! Good luck.

I would address it in English and Chinese. I always addressed and sent letters to Sarah in Eng/Chinese. It cannot hurt.

Sarah did 1 set of forms for her and 1 set for her son. Make sure she makes copies - I told Sarah, "make 2-3 copies of everything - we are dealing with the US Govt. - they lose things - please make copies." Also, she made copies of the blank forms and filled them out once and had the blank copies in case she made a mistake.

Sarah turned the forms around in 3 days.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Cosmic, Mari, and Jeff,

Hai Yan filled out P-3 and mailed them yesterday. The envelope was addressed in English and Chinese. Initially, Hai Yan told me that she did not have enough room to write both languages, but she squeezed everything in. We filled out forms for her and her son, who will come to the US 6 months after his mother. Thanks for the reminder to make copies, I almost forgot about this.

John, everything is doubled if you have a K2 with the K1. Forms, fees, med exams, even the interview. My wife's daughter had to go to the interview with her. One question,"do you like your new stepfather?"

Trigg,

The MORE important thing is that "he likes me." He is a very down to earth person, and a nice guy. I get along with him very well. Her father, mother, brother and sister are all very good people.

BTW, what is the fee for her and her son? The form says 2925 RMB but I think I remember some folks saying that is not correct.