Need A Little P4 help!

I can't respond to your DS-230 part 2 question Bryan. There is a similar post for K-1's, titled "DS-230" subtitle "part 2".

I do know that there is a list of documents for the interview on the Consulate web site for Guangzhou. Once there click on immigrant visas and then FAQ. Sorry I am not up to speed on posting links here. Hope this helps somewhat until more definitive info becomes available.

There is also a "Interview Requirements" thread under links and resources that is similar to the above. Poster was Owenkrout and last date was 15 May 03. Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your input. I already have the information provided on the web site. What I am looking for are the forms (some hard to find) that are not readily available on line through BCIS or DOS. As you know we are going the K3 route and there are a few things different than with K1. Not extream but still enough to make a difference. Unfortunately the link provided on the GV site for the medical papers is a broken link to DOS.

As far as the DS-230 goes, the form expired May 31, 2004. So I was trying to find the latest and greates.

Last but not least, I have never been able to find anything to tell me what is included with the K3 Packet 4. Also unfortunately, the information a year ago is no longer valid because of the numerouse changes BCIS and DOS have made.

Again Richard, I appreciate the effort you made in trying to help out. Thank You Very Much!

Hi Bryan,

My qi zi tells me that DS-230 Part I was what she received in P-3; no DS-230 Part II, and P4 was only a simple one-page appointment notice. She never filled out a DS-230 Part II.

I don't know if things have changed or not. You never know with CIS and DOS.

Incidently, that second part of the DS-230 has always been a mystery to me. Never have found a clear answer on it or about it!......... :P

When Jade went to the bank to pay the 830RMB visa fee they gave her 2 forms to fill out for the p4. Sorry, I dont remember what they were but I do remember that these in combination with DS230 part II and affidavid of support that we have all the required forms now except the medical packet that is sent with the P4. Also, I heard you need to show the 830RMB receipt just to get in the front gate of the GZ consulate.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Bryan,

Are you asking for the I-693? If this is it, then go here:

http://www.visapro.com/US-INS-Forms/Form-I-693.asp

Don't worry about the expiration date on DS-230. The following link is from DOS itself. So, they can not send you one that has not expired yet.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/DS-0230.pdf

Good luck. By the way, you can find more forms on visapro. They are all fillable. So, you can fill them out here and FedEx them to your wife to sign, date or whatever. That is what I did for my wife.

http://www.visapro.com/US-Immigration-Forms.asp

If you download DS-230, you'll see that Part I and Part II are together. If you read the instructions on part II, you'll notice near the signature area that it says something like "Fill it out but do not sign yet. This form must be signed in front of the visa officer." So far, nobody I know had to turn in Part II. But it doesn't hurt to have a filled out copy of both Part I and Part II. Anyway, the appointment letter in Packet4 will have clear instructions.

Guest blsqueaky

Hello Bryan, I was looking at some of the forms that Ling brought with her that she received with her P-3, and one was a GIZ-24, and the DS-156. Both of these are both Chinese/English. Her medical book is also in both, so I would step out on a limb and say that the form is both. If you look at www.immiforms.com, you might also be able to find some of the forms there. I just looked real quick, and I did see the DS-230.

Hope that this helps you some.

I guess what I need is anyone that has the medical forms for download so I can help my wife to complete them. My other question would be "Is the medical forms in Chinese or English?

The medical forms are in Chinese and English. The medical forms, DS-2053, DS-3024, and DS-3025 your wife should already have from P-3. All she needs to do is show up at the clinic with them. The doctor's will take care of the rest. The clinic my wife went to was the First Hospital of Guangzhou Medical Center.

P4 for K-3 is nothing like P4 for K-1. P4 for K-3 consist of only an interview appointment letter. (Unless it has changed)

-Richard Sun has some scanned versions of the medical forms- Let me edit this, I didn't know that Richard Sun's site has expired and someone else took it........:D

-The CDC has instuctions for the Department of State forms.

http://www.cdc.gov

-The U.S. embassy in Tokyo has the medical forms( in English) in PDF format.

http://japan.usembassy.gov

"visa to the U.S." tab

-immigrant visas\procedures\iv forms

The two forms given by the bank when the RMB830 fee is paid is the DS-156 and the DS-157, in Chinese and English.