More of Lings Progress

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Well it has been a little while, so I thought time for an update. As far as adapting, I can still not believe how fast, and even starting to like some of the food here. Tonight I thought that I would throw caution to the wind and try something really different, and this was corned beef, cabbage, and the rest of the fixins. She enjoyed so much, she had seconds, and then saved the last of the cabbage and broth for a soup tomorrow. Last might tried burritos, also likes. Now she tell me that for dinner tomorow, pizza. Now I just wish that I could like her to like steak. The other day, bought a nice cut of london broil, she sliced it up for stir fry. Darn, I have other plans for that meat. If I knew that she was thinking of something for stir fry, I would have bought a cheaper cut of meat. Oh well, the learning process. We are still both adapting.

Even with the weather here the way that it is, jogging in short shorts, and right now getting ready to head out again, and dressed the same way. She started first only going about 1/2 mile from the house, now she is up to about 2 miles.

She has pretty much learned all of my friends names, and when she forgets, she asks me again, I tell her, then when we get home, she asks again so that she can remember the next time.

Now some pet peeves, well this I will have to safe for some other time.

Till Later

Yeah OTRMark, and Robert ~!

So true~! If you have been to Guangzhou, you proably know about the LIVE TANK seafood restaurant, on the other side of the street from the White Swan, and down three or four blocks... It is one of the only restaruants that I remember still being there at the time of adoption #1 in 1997....

So I assumed it was good ---- sure looks good! live tanks from all over the world ---- including the Pacific NW (both live Dungeness crab, and Gooyduck clams from Washington state --- the Best ~!)

Always thought it was too expensive in the past, but meeting Fei last September, I finally break down, and we select several types of clam, and several types of crab from the tanks ----- and after a very extended wait it comes back ---- over cooked, and all cut up in the shell ~! What a disappointment ~! Fei isn't so unhappy, because of course, chopping everything (bone and all) is a S. China tradition ----- but for me, a Chesapeake Bay youth, and a west coast Dungenesss fan --- there is a time honored way to open crab to minimize waste..... Told Fei, one of the first things when she gets here, is how to eat without chopping everything up ~!

Guest blsqueaky

Thanks for the replies. Ling and I where just reading here, and she says yes, China, chop up everything. I have to admit, she will now cook chicken wings in her special sauce, and will not CHOP them up, leaves them alone.

Kim, know of many of those live tank places. I have to admit that the clams that we get have never been chopped up, but yes, the crab. Ling ordered it once, and when it was served, I was not sure how to eat it, everything so small.

Well one thing that Ling has learned is that when I buy a roast of some kind, and I tell her that I am going to make, and point to the crock pot, then she knows to leave alone, it is being cooked whole, ohh, also she will leave steak and western ribs alone.

Guest blsqueaky

Well today cleared another small little hurdle that made Ling real happy. I found out today from the Grand Aeire of the Eagles that Ling is allowed to join the womens auxiliary. Now she feels that she is becomming more accepted and has a feeling of belonging now.

Now this just means more $$ for me every week for the drawings, but she is happy, and she already told me that she will pay for herself.

Ohhh how fast they learnn. :D :D :P :lol: :o

Guest blsqueaky

Thought that I would continue on her a little. Just returned from shopping. I can not remember the last time that I have spent this much monoey shopping, let me see, she now has her pwn flip top cell phone, with already many numbers programed in. Now I just have to go through their web site and find a screen saver that she likes and another ringer tone. She really did not care for my screen saver, lovely lady in black bikini. She says I should find someone more beautiful. I told her that hers is not in the menu (whew, nice save). She is not realy sure of my choice for ringer, Outkast, "Hey Ya".

Well now that she has her own cell, she is again feeling more a part of belonging. I have to admit, when I upgraded my acct, and added her to my acct, she was able to get the same phone like mine, cost $29.99, instant $150.00 saving. I have to wait for my savings, rebate, but the same cost.

The rest of the shopping was at our local chinese supermarket, yeah local, 45 miles away, and today was not the right day to go there. They are located close to OSU stadium, and today was season opener. Well she has gotten to know the oweners well enough now, then when we leave, he hands me this large newspaper in Chinese, the world journal, and tells me, for your wife. Then tells me see you again in about 2 weeks. They are getting to know me. She really likes this little store, since she can pretty much find what she wants in the form of dumplings, seasonings, and of course vegis. Today, walked out with 3 full, and I mean full, bags, cost, $50. Well she tells me that she now has enough food to last her again for another 2 weeks if I have to leave that long this time. If she runs out, she knows how to get to the store here, and she can buy more. I tried to leave her money, she said no, she has money. Do not ask.

Well we were back in time to watch football, and now she is trying to learn that. Yes OSU was on TV, but so was Michigan, so we were at the Eagles, most of the TV's on OSU, but one by where we were sitting, Michigan, and that was only because the bartender is from Michigan. Friends could not belive when we walked in, and Ling was wearing Michigan colors. Go Ling, got to love her.

Well till Later, everyone take care and stay safe.