WE GOT OUR VISA!

Sarah picked it up this afternoon!

We are so excited. I am in Pudong and will fly out Fri afternoon to Washington Dulles.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :P :D :( :D :lol: :D :lol:

Beprepared to be in GZ more than 1-2 days. Our 2 days turned into 4 with having to submit the videotape.

FYI - some GZ info

Sarah was interviewed by a woman with blond hair and glasses

she was issued a blue sheet and we had to submit a tape showing us conversing in English.

We went to a "service" at the Shamian Hotel (catty corner from the White Swan) and had a 40 min tape done for 500 RMB (steep, but it passed the test.

The Shamian Hotel is OK - about $50 USD a night. Nothing fance, but a nice staff and clean. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite (Sarah's son was with us - he's excited too) and was awoken 2 nights by the loudmouths in front of the 7-11 "making merry" at 2-3 am. I wish the windows would've opened so I could throw something!!!

There is a white rest. outside/next to the White Swan - good food, good prices, and one in the park (River View?) - also good food and prices.

We went to the International Travelers Hosp. for the physical. 800 RMB and 100 RMB extra for one day rush. The other hospital is supposed to be cheaper and a very short taxi ride or walk.

IF the US Cons. would accept it, I would suggest you make a VHS tape tape of you talking in English. I think Sarah got a bit nervous. Maybe the VO was talking fast - I don't know because my govt. says I cannot go to the interview (thanks State Dept).

The White Swan is beautiful and seems like a bargain for the $100 (or so) a night price. The Victory also looks like it's nice. Someone told me the Victory Annex is fine.

Typical of China, coffee is the 25-30RMB for a cup.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP AND SUPPORT!!

SHE'LL BE HERE ASAP!!

BYE FROM SHANGHAI!!

JEFF (one happy camper!!!)

Congratulations!!!! Welcome to U.S.A. Sarah!

Hey guys I have a worry...Did they demand the video be spoken in English only?

Neith my fiance or I are fluent in each others language, so our VHS is a combination of the words we know in each others language, gestures, and use of a translator.

I'm stressing now!