Very Confused...

The question now states "That I intend or donot intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person named in item 3. (my fiance) If you check "intend" the exact nature and duration of the contributions" blah blah blah...

Of course I intend to make specific contributions to my fiance and wife (when married)

What kind of question is this now???

Here is what I was intending to write.

Yes I intend to make specific contributions to my fiance and wife(upon being married) We will live together in a home and share our finances for the rest of our lives together.

The change seems more confusing to me now. Since they took out the "temporary" part in the previous form.

Any suggestions here

John, I wrote the following: "100% financial support for all living expenses in USA for an indefinite period of time; the purpose of the visa is to marry Mr. XX". How much more specific can we get??? We have not had the interview yet, but I guess this hould do it.

Confusion is an understatement.

Here are a couple of proposed responses:

1. Geez guys, this is my wife. Of course I intend to support her.

2. Get real, will 'ya. What do you think?

3. How I support my wife is none of you GD business.

4. Listen, I make more money than you, so get off my case.

5. You betcha.

Actually, I have no idea how to respond, but a careful reading of the form (usually unwise when dealing with the government) seems to indicate that the government wants to know if you will make specific contributions. While this might make sense if you a sponsoring a student, for example, it seems to me that your contributions would be non specific, so you would mark the box "do not intend".

Take this for what's it worth. Maybe others have better information. Sorry.

Or how about:

"Person named in Item 3 will be supporting me for an indefinite period of time"

Ha! That outta throw 'em for a loop :P And it's not so unlikely either, a lot of good jobs in China these days, rising incomes, fatter savings accounts, plenty of opportunities to get rich in China now. I'm sure for a small handful of couples, such a statement might be true!

To answer your question, yes, what you said sounds good. Something to the effect that this "person" in item 3 will be your wife and the two of you will be together forever.

Keep in mind this I-134 in not intended for engaged or married couples. It is a standard form used for many different situations involving immigrating and non-immigrating aliens.

I looked at a copy of the I-134 I filled out. It has a revision date of (10/12/00). Item #11 differs only that it first states, (Complete this block only if the person named in item 3 will be in the United States temporarily.)

It appears that they left that bit of info out on the lastest I-134. I just left it blank on mine, and I think it mainly applies to work visas.

I looked at a copy of the I-134 I filled out. It has a revision date of (10/12/00). Item #11 differs only that it first states, (Complete this block only if the person named in item 3 will be in the United States temporarily.)

It appears that they left that bit of info out on the lastest I-134. I just left it blank on mine, and I think it mainly applies to work visas.

I see but why take it out in the first place??

thanks for the help everyone

I think I will write my intentions as so stated in my original post.

This is a post from a girl on VJ with same question 11 for. I-34 She called USCIS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just spoke to April at USCIS about question #11. I too filled it out saying ¡°I intend to support this person.¡± I wrote a statement, ¡°We are getting married. Until he is able to work he will be dependent on me. After we marry he will be permanent and once he has work authorization we will be interdependent as a married couple.¡±

I assumed that since the entire form is about what would happen if the person became a public charge, and that the whole form is about how I am accepting responsibility if that should happen. (I know it won¡¯t happen.)

Anyway after I got it notarized I read it again. It didn¡¯t¡¯ make sense and I didn¡¯t want my statement about being interdependent as a married couple to sound like I wasn¡¯t accepting responsibility if he became a public charge. I just didn¡¯t want to write that I fully intend to support this person because if so that sounds like our plan is for him to come here, marry me, and then sit around while I go to work and support him. That is not true either.

Anyway, April at the USCIS Customer Service line (called at 4:45PM PST 08/05/04) stated ¡°Don¡¯t worry. That form is used for multiple purposes. It is really speaking to another situation like if you brought a student over and if you were handling room and board etc. For a fiance visa technically they are a non-immigrant but of course the intention is for them to become an immigrant for it to be permanent. It really doesn¡¯t apply.¡° She stated that since I had already gotten it notarized it wouldn¡¯t be a big deal to leave it as it was ¨C it really just doesn¡¯t apply to the fianc¨¦ visa situation. It is a multipurpose form.

She went on to say that technically it would have been better to say ¡®N/A¡¯ since it is a fianc¨¦ visa but since I checked a box off, it is good that I checked ¡°Intend.¡± And she said even if I had checked ¡°Don¡¯t intend¡± the whole form being filled out and all my financial records attached ad being signed by me still means that I am accepting responsibility if this person becomes a public charge so I am still agreeing to liability anyway.

Anyway ¨C the Reader¡¯s Digest condensed version is just write ¡°N/A ¨C Fiance Visa.¡± But if you¡¯ve filled it out already maybe give USCIS a call and make sure the comment you wrote is OK.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is the official link

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...showtopic=12892