Police report and Single cert.

My fiance has just sent back here P3 to GZ. Presently, I am kind of confused when she should get her police report and single cert done. Now or wait until P4 arrives.

We have the birth cert. already.

My concern is the slow down with interviews. I also remember reading somewhere the police report is only good for 3 months?

Experiences or suggestions?

My fiance has just sent back here P3 to GZ.  Presently, I am kind of confused when she should get her police report and single cert done.  Now or wait until P4 arrives.

We have the birth cert. already. 

My concern is the slow down with interviews.  I also remember reading somewhere the police report is only good for 3 months?

Experiences or suggestions?

"Officially" they are supposed to be good for one year. But from everything I have heard, GZ's policy is that they want them to be no older than 6 months and may request a new one if it is older than that.

Copied from GZ FAQ ( for what its worth?)

What's the period of validity for medical reports and notarial certificates?

Notarial birth certificates, marriage certificates and divorce certificates have unlimited validity. Medical reports, notarial single certificates and police certificates are good for one year from the date of issuance.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/kvfaq.html

I just love the "do as we like" attitude of the Consulate. They publish 1 year expirations on come certificates but really mean they are good only for 6 months. Why am I not surprised. My fiancee jumped the gun on her single certificate, whcih will be 6 months old on Sept. 29. No way she can get an interview date before then since she has not even gotten her P3. So now I'll have to pay the RMB 800 again those bandits at the governmental notarial office in Nanning charged me for that one. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Most of Jingwen's "one year" documents were approaching 6 months old, so she went ahead and got updated docs.  It was a painless process for her, and the cost was minor.

My thinking was it was better to be safe than sorry.

Heed Frank for he is wise-He is after all a "G"man. :blink:

Most of Jingwen's "one year" documents were approaching 6 months old, so she went ahead and got updated docs.  It was a painless process for her, and the cost was minor.

Heed Frank for he is wise-He is after all a "G"man. :D

Trigg, you ain't forgot that? :D

Forgot what??

Most of Jingwen's "one year" documents were approaching 6 months old, so she went ahead and got updated docs.  It was a painless process for her, and the cost was minor.

Heed Frank for he is wise-He is after all a "G"man. :P

Trigg, you ain't forgot that? :huh:

Forgot what??

Frank's visit from the FBI.

Damn! You forgot, didn't you? :o

No no No, i didn't forget. That isn't why I called him'"G"man though. It was in another post were he hit 1,000 posts and I called him"G"man--you know G=Grand=1,000.

Oh were did I go wrong???????????//

I remember that. He told me all about it over some very good Scotch when he was here.

The more Scotch we drank, the better the story got.

G Man here. Geeeez guys, I can't stay away from this board for a day without getting my good rep dragged through the mud.

Yes, I have exceeded 1,000 posts. Yes, the FBI did pay me a visit. No, I did not serve any time. Yes, the FBI was very cordial. No, I do not drive a black Crown Vic. Yes, Jingwen's documents were updated. No, she is not G Woman (don't go there, Trigg). Yes, I drink Scotch. No, my head no longer aches.

I remember that. He told me all about it over some very good Scotch when he was here.

The more Scotch we drank, the better the story got.

G Man here. Geeeez guys, I can't stay away from this board for a day without getting my good rep dragged through the mud.

Yes, I have exceeded 1,000 posts. Yes, the FBI did pay me a visit. No, I did not serve any time. Yes, the FBI was very cordial. No, I do not drive a black Crown Vic. Yes, Jingwen's documents were updated. No, she is not G Woman (don't go there, Trigg). Yes, I drink Scotch. No, my head no longer aches.

NONONO, Ain't a goin' er G man. Gots too many o my own places ta go.

You sure you didn't spend time over the FBI thingy?? Hmmm, Franky the G. I think I saw you doing a guest shot on the Sopranos. Or were you shooting a guest?

Gheeez "G." Hey, speaking of shooting a guest, my uh-let's call him an 'associate' said he may be whacking- I mean euthanizing, a deer late some night soon--you ready for more?