NVC Security checks

I have had my petition at the NVC since July 28th. They say that they performing security check right now and do not have a time frame which it will be ready. Does anyone know what is involved in these security name checks and what exactly the NVC does? If my petition was approved, what's with the security checks? I'm just wondering, what kind of process this is.

Thanks,

Mark

I have had my petition at the NVC since July 28th. They say that they performing security check right now and do not have a time frame which it will be ready.  Does anyone know what is involved in these security name checks and what exactly the NVC does?  If my petition was approved, what's with the security checks? I'm just wondering, what kind of process this is.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello

Mine has been there for 120 days and spoke with the fbi today and they said still have no time frame,

It is for the name check on your chinese lady,every since 9/11 they have been slow on most names

There is no time frame for security check, can be as short as 3 months and as long as 1 year. If your fiancee has a common chinese name, which will pull out a lot of other peope under the same name, it might take longer than those who don't have a common name. There is nothing you can do to speed up the security check except for keeping your fingers crossed. Even after your fiancee got her visa and is in the U.S, she still needs another security check for her AOS. Do not be discouraged, we all had to go through the same thing. Good luck!