How about Country Music?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I've Got the Hungries For Your Love, And I'm Waiting in the Welfare Line."

That would be Buck Owens Frank. I met him once. He was dating a woman who was a world class fiddler that lived in Weiser Idaho where they have the Old Time Fiddlers Contest every year. They were in a bar in downtown Weiser called the Copper Lounge and were having a spat. He was drunk and basically made an ass out of himself.

"I've Got the Hungries For Your Love, And I'm Waiting in the Welfare Line."

That would be Buck Owens Frank. I met him once. He was dating a woman who was a world class fiddler that lived in Weiser Idaho where they have the Old Time Fiddlers Contest every year. They were in a bar in downtown Weiser called the Copper Lounge and were having a spat. He was drunk and basically made an ass out of himself.

I'm not a big CW fan, but that line has stayed with me for maybe 20-30 years. Thanks for putting an artist with it.

Big difference between Buck owens and Hank Williams Trigg. Hank was only 29 years old when he died but his impact on the american music scene was enormous. Sure he had tear jerkers but he also had a few rockabilly tunes. Lovesick Blues was cool. I like a lot of different music. Country, Jazz, Big Band music, Rock.

How about Country rock then Trigg? The Marshall Tucker Band, Pure Praire League, Souther Hillman Fury Band, Dickie Betts, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band....and of course my favorite artist of all time Jerry Jeff Walker who I must say is one of the coolest humans on earth.

How about Country rock then Trigg?  The Marshall Tucker Band, Pure Praire League,  Souther Hillman Fury Band, Dickie Betts, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band....and of course my favorite artist of all time Jerry Jeff Walker who I must say is one of the coolest humans on earth.

Looks like there is a good ol southern rocker on cfl. The Allman Brothers was one of my favorite bands when I was young. My taste has totally changed since those days. Now I'm into Baroque music (please do not post 'if it aint baroque don't fix it') on historic instruments, I'm a period music fan and play it too.