Hi all:

This is Bea. I just got my visa after waiting for 19 months since we got married!! Below is the process detail of my interview, hopefully it would be a little bit help to those lovers who are still waiting for their visa:

1. Got to the embassy at 7:45am, lined up in front of the fence of the entrance of embassy. There were 2 lines, one is immigrant visa applicants, and the other one is None-immigrant visa applicants.

2. 8:00am getting in the gate of the embassy and wait for the security check.

3. 8:15am passed the security check and got into the immigrant visa applicants interview waiting room. The None-immigrant visa applicants interview waiting room right next to the right hand side.

4. 9:30am they called the interviewe¡¯s name by a loud speaker to the certain window to hand in your health check package. The Chinese officers will ask you open the package right in front of them and give you a number. If they need your additional document such as the last 3 years taxes return of your sponsor etc. they will give you the additional document info and ask you hand them in at this moment. They might also ask you: what¡¯s your spouse or fianc¨¦e¡¯s name? How many sponsers you have? How long have you been married etc?

5. After you got your number or gave them the additional documents if you need to. You need to go back to the waiting room and wait for they call your number and name again to the certain window and let them have your 2 index figures printed. I got the No. 4.

6. 10am I¡¯m the first one to have the figures printed, left index figure first and then right index figure. After that, I had to go back to the waiting room and wait for the interview.

7. Around 10:15am, the monitor started show the numbers people got before and window¡¯s number. At this point you have to keep your eye open on the monitor, coz they won¡¯t use the speaker anymore.

8. 11:30am it¡¯s my turn to the interview. The whole conversation was just 5 minutes for me. Although I¡¯m the number 4 but I had been waiting for 3 and half hours. They DON¡¯T make it by orders!!

9. Got the white slip tell me come back next day 4pm to get my visa.

10. 4pm next day came back to the embassy, around 4:15pm got my visa!!

That¡¯s the whole process!

Here are some info about hotels around the embassy and medical examination hospitals:

There are 2 hospitals you can go in GZ, one is ¡°Health care center of Guangdong international travel¡±, they charge RMB800 only for the check and will charge shots fee. I don¡¯t need the shots as I¡¯m pregnant. So I don¡¯t know how much they charge for shots. You can only get shots at this hospital. It¡¯s located a few blocks away from the embassy.

The other hospital is ¡°Fist hospital of Guangzhou medical college¡± which is in Yan Jiang Xi Road. About 15 minutes tax ride to the embassy. They charge RMB600 for the check. I got my examination here, the staffs are very nice.

As the hotels, there are 3 close to the embassy. One is Victory hotel, charge RMB280 per night for a couple. About 5 minutes walk to the embassy. One is Sha mian hotel, charge RMB238 per night for a couple. About 10-15 minutes walk to the embassy. The other one is Oi Kwan hotel, charge RMB200 per night for a couple. Still there is another 10 minutes tax ride away from the embassy, it¡¯s Bai Gong hotel, charge RMB150 per night for a couple. New decoration, nice and clean although it¡¯s a 2-star hotel.

All these prices are discount prices, you can only get such discount by calling the hotel booking service. The booking number is:

GZ: 020£­8358 0888

Shenzhen: 0755-8229 7999

And the link is: http://www.v222.com

You can get more infor from the page.

Alright, that¡¯s all the info I can share with you. Good luck all!!:lol:

Bea and Mark and Elizabeth

Congratulations Bea, we're proud of you!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your experience, I know this waiting time has been terrible, but at the end it's all worth it. As I read the sequence of events on your interview date, I was imagining my dear one going thru the same, how we wish that all this process would be easier on all of us.... Anyway, good luck to you and Mark and hope only the best for you two, soon you"ll have a bundle of joy in your arms and all this nightmare will be just a thing of the past. <_<

Wish your wife a safe delivery!!! B)  Do you already know is it a blue or pink?

Hi garagegodness;

Thanks and yes the doc's told us monday it is a healthy baby girl..:lol:

So now on to the pink!! heheh but we will also get her other colors as well..

I posted some more info about Bea's visa in Bea's visa .. from my point of view..

Mark and Bea and Elizabeth, the kicker...:lol: