• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have made a habit of calling the DOS once a week. It gets discouraging after a while, hearing the same ol', same ol' "still pending".

Wonder if we're "on deck" yet, having returned the P3 mid-May. Keeping my fingers crossed, and just hoping they open the floodgates. It only seems logical, if you do 1/2 month's applications per months, you will fall further and further behind.

P.J.

I call DOS every week. I get the same response of "no" every time. Since we have been waiting since Nov 2004, I assumed that we would be put at the top of any list to be scheduled for an interview when our 2nd name check came back in June. However, I fear that we just got dumped into the JUNE pile of stuff. And at this rate, we will not get P4 until OCT with interview maybe in NOV. This waiting really SUCKS. :(

:( I am finally got my answer for my interview date, my husband called the DOS today, my interview date is on 2 of sep 2004, also I got the email from GuangZhou, tell me the interview date is set on 2nd of Sep,but one question is I still did not get my p4 from GuangZhou, they sent on MOnday, is any one knows from GuangZhou to Shenzhen how long the EMS take???? 3 days or 5 days???? but you know the GZ and SZ is so close !!!! shall I wait or shall I ask the GZ to send the p4 again? thanks for all the advice! good luck, hey, bye the way, my K3 schedule is :

p1 28-OCt-2003, p2 26th -Jan-2004, p3 29th -03-2004 P3 sent to GZ on 12th April 2004, P4???? interview date 2nd -Sep-2004

:( I am finally got my answer for my interview date, my husband called the DOS today, my interview date is on 2 of sep 2004,  also I got the email from GuangZhou, tell me the interview date is set on 2nd of Sep,but one question is I still did not get my p4 from GuangZhou, they sent on MOnday, is any one knows from GuangZhou to Shenzhen how long the EMS take???? 3 days or 5 days???? but you know the GZ and SZ is so close !!!! shall I wait or shall I ask the GZ to send the p4 again? thanks for all the advice!  good luck, hey, bye the way, my K3 schedule is :

p1  28-OCt-2003, p2 26th -Jan-2004, p3 29th -03-2004  P3 sent to GZ on 12th April 2004, P4???? interview date 2nd -Sep-2004

This is indeed good news. We also found out the interview date before the P4 was received. It took close to a week to get the actual papers, but I wouldn't wait longer than seven days. If you haven't received the packet by then, I would call or e-mail the consulate.

Congratulations to everyone who got their p4 already this month. I was just wondering, since the prior three months did not issue P4's until the later part of the month, does anyone think they intend to issue more P4's this month (in order to catch up)? Or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

We have a mid May enter date for the P3 and I heard through 001 that we are about #24 in line at this point.

I was also wondering if they always go in chronological order to issue P4's and interview dates....another theory I heard was that they also took the P1 date into consideration. Any insight?

Thanks a lot!

P-2/P-3 dates are meaningless.

I wouldn't say they are meaningless. They give a *fair* indication as to when one can expect a P4 within a reasonable timeframe.

True, the P4 date is independent of the P3 date, and that's why GZ goes out of order often enough, but nonetheless there is a pattern of correlation between the P3 and P4 dates (although it is a moving average).

Notice how most folks getting P4s lately are from April. And last month it was March people. We're not seeing too many couples with P3s from November 2003, nor from July 2004. Maybe 1 or 2% either way, but I think a good 80% of the cases follow the typical bell curve pattern, with the apex now hovering at high noon over April.

Life sucks for the 10% that get stuck behind the bell curve, and life is awesome for the lucky 10% who ride in front of it. And the P3 dates help one to know if they should be saying "bummer dude" or "cowabunga".

Hi Alex,

Yes, I hope you and others waiting so long can get P4 from GZ soon!

The web site you've heard about is "001.com". Your MM should like it especially, since it is in Chinese, and is very busy. A lot of activity there, and so many JJ/MM can help her. My MM was able to meet several others there -- met one to do medical exam together, and another to go to interview together.

Here is the direct link the USA part: 001 - USA (http://www.001.com.cn/forum/usa/index.html)

Wish you and everyone the best.

Greg

By the way, I called D.O.S. this morning, and was told they're still setting September appointments...let's hang on and maybe we'll all have an extra Merry Christmas!

Well, sometimes I wonder if those guys really know what's going on. The woman I talked to on Monday told me something was "pending", and that I should call back in 1 week. But she seemed pretty confused during the whole conversation, and I hung up assuming she was clueless, and resigned myself to an October interview. But, who knows... Last month there was a brief batch of August interviews delivered to long-term cases, followed by a 2nd batch of August interviews about a week or two later. So, there's still hope.