wife k1 visa expired trying to get drivers license

my wife k1 visa expired we are already married,got married last week,it just expired now,and the dps office said that she cant take the written test to get her drivers license,cause it expired and all,we are doing aos right now,the question is where can i get the k1 visa renewed,we have been down to the county clerk office and passport place and they said they didnt know,im hurting here please someone help me,thanks,Chris

K-1 visas are not renewable. Check your state's requirements for proof of residency in order to get a driver's license. Some states also now require a social security number.

Usually, for a non US citizen, proof of legal residency from USCIS is needed, but you should check with your DPS to see if a work permit (emploment authorization document) is enough. Maybe, just proof of marriage plus your notice of receipt on your I-485 filing might be enough.

i went back and looked at her k1 visa and it dont expire till end of the month,the person at the dps looked at it wrong,we went to another one and they let her take her driving test and she passed just fine,i think tommorow we are going to try and get her a tx id card,Thanks,Chris

So you went to the DPS and let them tell you the K-1 was expired, when it wasn't?

That is what I am reading, though it is painful to read your posts.

i went back and looked at her k1 visa and it dont expire till end of the month,the person at the dps looked at it wrong,we went to another one and they let her take her driving test and she passed just fine,i think tommorow we are going to try and get her a tx id card,Thanks,Chris

I suggest you look at the next posting down for info on SSN

Civil surgeon and SSN