Ok I am trying to schedule my travel and at the moment I am looking at total of $2075 on ChinaSouthern 1 round and 1 oneway, along with 2nd day arrival, not what I am used to. This was through flychina it seems HK is cheaper but how does this work for my MM when she tries to leave? Any body have any other ideas?

I would think if you flew to Shanghai and met your MM there, then flew to GZ (she buying the tickets) Then bought two one way tickets to USA it would be a lot cheaper

If you must buy a round trip ticket from here make sure to get a ticket where you can change you return flight with the least amount of hassle and expense. I think flychina has this option.

I know the tickets are cheaper when purchased in China.

I would love to find where we could buy tickets cheaper, can we get mom to buy and send them to us? or would they send them to us direct? Fly China has been fairly good

Mom?

If you purchase tickets in Chine it is always cheaper than in the USA.

My MM is checking tonight.

Ok I am trying to schedule my travel and at the moment I am looking at total of $2075 on ChinaSouthern 1 round and 1 oneway, along with 2nd day arrival, not what I am used to. This was through flychina it seems HK is cheaper but how does this work for my MM when she tries to leave? Any body have any other ideas?

She has no problem going to HK. Just show Chinese custom officer her air ticket leaving from HK to USA. She can stay in HK up to 1 week during transit. If you live near a Chinatown, buy the tickets at a Chinese travel agency. You can save a lot of money (even better than internet prices).

Chinese agents in States selling cheap tickest to China:

1-8004569189

1-8008828983

1-8886265015

1-8883291688

1-8009672345

1-8882854856

1-8007861688

1-8476990960

1-8002335488

1-8002198858

1-8888746472

1-8009457960

I think if the caller speaker Mandarine, the price would be really cheap! they maybe charge a little higher price for the caller who does not speak Mandarine, not sure. :)

If anyone has any luck with the phone number listed please let me know. I called the 1st 6 numbers and prices seemed to be about average for my area (Cleveland to Shanghai). So far Travelocity seems to have the best rates and flexible arrival/departure times from my area. If anyone knows were to find good rates from Cleveland please post it.

eeyore