LiNing is Here!

Finally! LiNing and Amy arrived from ShangHai Saturday at 1:00PM, the plane was 3 hours late. She brought even more luggage than she originally told me, spent $330 for extra luggage allowance. We could barely fit everything in my friends Suburban. She was very impressed by by the heated passenger seat.

Anyway, got home and they spent the entire first day unpacking suitcases and putting clothes away. Day 2 was spent "ordering" the house and the computer. We now have Chinese symbols over every door and on all the windows. My computer now speaks Chinese, she brought 100 computer programs, cds and dvds.

Yesterday we went to the courthouse in Santa Barbara, got the "marry papers" and had a judge re-marry us. Then spent the rest of the afternoon showing her the tourist attractions. She had her first "Chinese" meal at a local restaurant. I am totally surprised that she liked it, but the people spoke Chinese to her so that helped.

This morning she got up with me at 5:30AM to make my lunch and start the washing machine. Luckily I was there to prevent bleach being poured in the washer on colored clothes.

All in all, I think that we are having a successful transition. She has pretty much taken over everything, but I knew she would, so everyone is happy.

:blink: :blink:

I am so happy for you Bob. I am heading to Shanghai, 1/29/03, for their New Year and my fiance will be flying back to Boston, with me. Be sure to post some pictures of your new family in their new surroundings..

Definitely loved the part about the laundry. Once she is acclimated to the US, she will not be getting up at 5:00 am.!!!

Looks like a very Happy New Year for you...

Hello Bob,

She purchased one way tickets from a local travel agent for only $380 (3150 RMB) each, nonstop China Eastern ShangHai Pudong (PVG) to Los Angeles (LAX). This was a better deal than anything I could find, the best was at $460. When she went to the travel agent in August, they wanted $2000 each for business class, I got her tickets then for $540. At that time I think they were just trying to get more money from her, they told her only business class was available.

Hello Bob,

She purchased one way tickets from a local travel agent for only $380 (3150 RMB) each, nonstop China Eastern ShangHai Pudong (PVG) to Los Angeles (LAX). This was a better deal than anything I could find, the best was at $460. When she went to the travel agent in August, they wanted $2000 each for business class, I got her tickets then for $540. At that time I think they were just trying to get more money from her, they told her only business class was available.

That is a great price.

I was thinking of instead of bringing my fiancee here from Nanning, I can meet her in Los Angeles. Then we can rest for a week in California and Vegas before coming to Boston. It is much warmer there than in Boston. Just my idea.