Hi everyone, I posted before about our long painful wait. My boy friend was notified of having an interview within 90 days after we had waited over one year for the approval letter. Now he got his interview appointment. We are so happy that we finally see some result although we have been waiting twice as long as most applicants do. Now we would like to know what questions they most likely ask? If they approve our case at interview, what is the next step? send our file to NVC to have name check as others? How long will we have to wait for me to have interview in Guangzhou since then? We have another thing to need your advice. I moved to another city after we filed our I-129F, we need to tell them that I moved? We think maybe it will take longer time in processing our case or make them confused if we change my address now. Is it better not to change my address if my old address in another city can get mail safely? Thank you so much for your help.

there is a list of 95 commonly asked questions in the Links and Resources section, page 2. I know my MM has written the ones down that pertain to her and is putting her answers to them. I know it gives her confidence that she will be ready at the interview.

David

Your questions are a little confusing. I assume you are a female US citizen and filed a fiancee visa petition for your boyfriend. He now has an interview date set.

I am sorry to make things confused. I am a Chinese woman living in China, and my boyfriend who is an American living in the US filed a fiancee visa petition for me. We did not get our approval letter for over a year until my boyfriend was notified of interviewing him in his local INS office a week ago. I put a post some days ago here talking about our case. Now we have some questions to ask for your help. Thank you so much.

That sounds very strange. I can't recall anyone ever saying the US petitioner was interviewed here in the US. Did your boyfriend say what the interview was about?

I did post here before with title "long painful wait" talking about our case. We feel strange too because it seems the US petitioner does not needed to be interviewed in the US. But the INS indeed transfered our file to my boyfriend's local office to notify him of interviewing him there. My boyfriend was not told why he has to be interviewed, but it is about our K-1 case. We are wondering what questions they will ask him, and if we need to change my address at the interview. He will go for interview next week.

Yes, I am confused by this situation also. I've never heard of a case where the Petitioner (the person in America) is requested for an interview.

yyp, is your boyfriend Chinese? I mean, was he born in China and/or was once a Chinese citizen? Is he still a Chinese citizen today? Just because he is living in America now does not mean he is a US citizen. A permanent resident? Or maybe he's just here in America on a student or work visa?

I have no idea why they want to interview your boyfriend. Assuming he "passes" the interview, it will probably be at least another 6 months before you get your interview in China.

I, too, am confused by this. Never heard of the US petitioner being called in for interview stateside on a K1 petition. Please keep us posted. I find this most unusual and very interesting. Good luck.

yyp, is your boyfriend Chinese?  I mean, was he born in China and/or was once a Chinese citizen?  Is he still a Chinese citizen today?  Just because he is living in America now does not mean he is a US citizen.  A permanent resident?  Or maybe he's just here in America on a student or work visa?

I have no idea why they want to interview your boyfriend.  Assuming he "passes" the interview, it will probably be at least another 6 months before you get your interview in China.

My boyfriend was born in the US. He is a US citizen. He came to China to see me four times during our waiting. We also have no idea why they want to interview him in the US. Thanks for everything.

YYP,

How well do you know your boyfriend?

Do you feel very close to him?

Do you communicate on a regular basis?

Is your English good, speak to him about these things in English?

We are confused, here, because we have never heard anything like this.

Can you ask your boyfriend to fax you the forms from the government that requested that he be interviewed in the US, and then tell us exactly what they said.

----- That would be the best way for us to help you..

I do remember a thread about Frank? I think it was Frank who had a visit from the FBI I wonder if it is something like that instead of immigration.

Yes, fFrank got visited by the FBI. He was telling me about during his visit and after a Scotch or two, but I don't think that was anything that resembled an advanced notice interview. Something is definatly strange here. I'd like to know more about it.

YYP,

How well do you know your boyfriend?

Do you feel very close to him?

Do you communicate on a regular basis?

Is your English good, speak to him about these things in English?

We are confused, here, because we have never heard anything like this. 

Can you ask your boyfriend to fax you the forms from the government that requested that he be interviewed in the US, and then tell us exactly what they said.

----- That would be the best way for us to help you..

I think I know my boyfriend so well that I trust him completely. We talk on the phone at regular basis, and chat on MSN every day except I have to be out of the city for business trip. I have the notice faxed by my boyfriend. It only says when and where he needs to go for our K-1 interview. We think that we will know what is going on at interview even though it is so strange now.

It is rare, but USCIS sometimes uses an interview either in addition to or in lieu of a written or documentary response to an RFE. Normally, though, this is used in conjunction with e-filing which is not available for the I-129f. Maybe USCIS saw a need for an interview in this case rather than sending out an RFE. In any event, this is indeed strange. I'm looking forward to learning more about this.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/e...st.htm#moreinfo