Couple questions before sending off I129F

Hey, good luck.  Sending out the package is pretty nerve-wracking!

If I can remember...

1. Why are you sending her passport at all?  The only info I sent for my fiance was the G-325a form.  I guess it doesn't hurt to send extra stuff.  If it's got english, it should be good enough?

2. I didn't do any hole-punching, but I did send it all in a neatly organized big blue legal folder.  I had about a dozen sections, each tabbed for quick reference, with a table of contents in the front.  Most of the sections were evidence of various forms, probably not necessary.

3. I attached our pictures to some photo album refill pages I bought and made a nice presentation out of it.  I always wondered if that was a good idea or not... 

4. I clipped the check with my cover letter, statements, the I-129f and the two g-325a's.  It was the first thing they'd find when they opened the package.

Rule number 1. Never send an original passport,send a certified copy. In fact never send the original anything Certified copies will do,and if you need to you can show the originals as backup.

Hlin: I think your app is in very good shape. I just got my NOA 2 with no problem. My only suggestion is that your letter of intent be a little more than plain vanilla legalease, I xyz, do intend to marry jkl signed xyz dated 123. While this may meet the legal requirement, remember that these papers will eventually go to GuangZhou and can go a long way to establishing a real relationship and real intent in the interviewers eyes.

Example: Dear jkl, After the many months we've known each other and the time we spent together in Jan, I know that I love you, want to marry you, be with you forever etc. (add more schmaltz here). When the interviewing officer reads these, I think it'll make the difference between the 4 question, 1 minute interview and the 94 question show me a videotape interview.

THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION! I am not an expert - disclaimer - disclaimer - Etc.

Hlin: I think your app is in very good shape. I just got my NOA 2 with no problem. My only suggestion is that your letter of intent be a little more than plain vanilla legalease, I xyz, do intend to marry jkl signed xyz dated 123. While this may meet the legal requirement, remember that these papers will eventually go to GuangZhou and can go a long way to establishing a real relationship and real intent in the interviewers eyes.

Example: Dear jkl, After the many months we've known each other and the time we spent together in Jan, I know that I love you, want to marry you, be with you forever etc. (add more schmaltz here). When the interviewing officer reads these, I think it'll make the difference between the 4 question, 1 minute interview and the 94 question show me a videotape interview.

THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION! I am not an expert - disclaimer - disclaimer - Etc.

Too late, all sent with vanilla intent to marry letter. But I heard a plain one is all that matters as long as we both signed the intent. Thanks though.

The letter of intent that is sent with the I-129 is for the service center in the US. GZ doesn't see this one. After getting your P3 you will need to write another one. Her letter is included in the forms she has top fill out. Usually they will just check to see if it is there, it is a legal technicality so listen to WB (Don). Keep it simple, when I did it my lawyer said to simply state that I met XXX and fell in love and intend to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US. Also if she has a child involved state you will accept him/her.

Trigg: Me again. Guess I answered my own question. I looked at the GZ consulate website and they do mention: Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry as part of the appointment packet. It seems like a plain vanilla version here will be sufficient, but I still think the lovey dovey one can't hurt when getting through the Service Centers . . . . (stubborn, aren't I ??) :angry:

We never did anything other than the original Intent Letter. Just supplied her "Single Certificate" at the interview.

WB, if memory serves me one of the forms in the P4, or at least part of one, is a generic letter of intent that she has to sign. My lawyer told me to do another letter of intent so I did. I dunno if it is required or not.