NOA2 approval from NSC in 105 days!

Hello, after all the questions I've posted, just wanted to post some success and give hope to others. After 105 days, our K1 visa was approved (NOA2 online). I'm fairly happy with that as initially I'd seen many 6 to 8 months and many RFE's, but our sailed thru smooth after 3.5 months.

Now, I'll have to read up on what's next...how do you track the next steps such as the NVC receipt and approval?

And also, I haven't heard too much about problems at other steps, assuming no criminal activity and financial troubles, then the rest is pretty much automatic, right?

A happy day, finally!

Approval at NSC in 105 days is phenomenal. That is the quickest I have ever heard of there. Mine took 186 days. The next step is your petition is sent to the NVC for security checks. I would wait 2 weeks then call 603 334 0700, The automated system won't help you stay on the line and talk to a human. Could take 10 -60 minutes on hold. Give the person your LIN number from your NOA and your fiancee's date of birth. They will give you your GUZ number. Next call them once a week to see if it has cleared. After anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months they will send your petition to Guangzhou where it will sit in a warehouse for about 5 weeks waiting to be cleared by customs. You can track the shipment via DHL but all that will tell you is a package was sent that day and delivered this day not necessarily your package. GZ will send out P-3 after they pick it up and enter it in the system. You will have approximately 5-6 months from now until interview. Good luck.

Great news! Yeah, 105 days seems quick for NSC these days. Our case took 170 days there. For us, the NOA2 was the biggest sigh of relief. Although now waiting for the P4 is nearly as bad as waiting for NOA2.

For you, for now, everything up until P3 is automatic, there is nothing you can do to affect things. You can track things and stay on top of things if you want and prepare for the P3, or you can relax and be patient and let everything take it's natural course and the next step of action won't be required until your honey receives the P3, perhaps a couple of months from now.

Hello, after all the questions I've posted, just wanted to post some success and give hope to others. After 105 days, our K1 visa was approved (NOA2 online). I'm fairly happy with that as initially I'd seen many 6 to 8 months and many RFE's, but our sailed thru smooth after 3.5 months.

Now, I'll have to read up on what's next...how do you track the next steps such as the NVC receipt and approval?

And also, I haven't heard too much about problems at other steps, assuming no criminal activity and financial troubles, then the rest is pretty much automatic, right?

A happy day, finally!

What, 105 days? :D Can't be. You must be on counting days by the Martian calendar. :D

Congratulations and good luck during the name check phase of the gauntlet. As has already been said, keep close tabs on NVC. They'll tell you when the files have been sent to GZ.

:D :lol:

SO COOL !!!! CONGRATS !!!

This is good news for those of us still waiting for our NOA2's through NSC. I have monitored NSC approval times through another site. They seem to be working feverously on the backlog. I have seen a few approvals as recent as April. It seems as though they cruise through the months work and approve the ones which are obvious, then go back through the stack until they have all been approved or at least issued RFE's.

Again, Congrats!!!!

Michael

WOW

3-4 months at NSC.

It is hard for the "old-timers" to believe.

Mine also went throgh NSC.

Mine took about 5.5 months then I got an RFE for putting N/A for previous wives. Then it took an additional 1 month to get that fixed (6.5 months total).

As I look at the distant horizon at the possiblity of doing this again, I am glad to hear that some applications are going much faster.

Perhaps I won't be headed to Canada after all.

I have heard that Texas has also been improving their performance. Too bad CSC hasn't tried to improve their performance too.

------ Clifford ------

These are the things I try to keep in mind if I ever feel impatient about our progress. It's still hard not to though. We should be getting our loved ones' visas in 6 months tops. Not if we're extermely lucky and Saturn aligns with the shadow of mars' 2nd moon on a Tuesday in September and the sivit cat sees his shadow.