I-130 is approved!!!

My wife's I-130 was approved June 22. What a surprise. Does anyone know the approximate time frame for completion from here? I called the NVC and they have not received her package yet. I have no idea how long this will take. How long does it normally take for the package from the VSC to get to the NVC? Is there a way to track it online? Or do I have to keep calling them?

I know this is not the normal process to bring your loved one over here, usually is the K3 path. But does anyone have any information on the CR-1 process? I could use the help. By the way, how long does the package normally take to get from the VSC to the NVC? When should I start calling them? Is there anyway to track the papers on line now? I know, too many questions.

Hi Mike;

As you can see from our time line.. yikes!! We are doing the CR-1.

What I would suggest is a weekly call asking if there is anything you can do, is all paper work needed complete, etc etc.. just be concerned helpful person.

I think if I had to do this over that would have been my approach, pleasent but persistent. The cost of a weekly phone is minimal.

Sorry I can't be of much more help. Best of luck

Mark and Bea

mmm, good news for you, well, I still not get my p2 yet for the Cr1, my husband apply my Cr1 on Sep 2003, no news for the P2, the wabsite said , will take like 640 - 670 days, now I check today, they totally changed the more date for 650- 690 days, my gosh, I will get more old for that long wait! I think the NCV is so slow, slow, slow, for my K3 will wait for the P4! don't know when will happen! :(

Hey Mike: I called the automated answering system today 7/7/04@ 8:10 PM our time and they had both of My GUZ numbers were entered 7/2/04. You should have your numbers soon if not already. They said 6-8 weeks for papers to be received by my wife to start the CR-1 process. My wife said she'll see your wife again soon. Your right maybe we will be standing in Guangzhou at the same time for interviews.

I called the NVC last night. Nothing on the automated line, so I talked to a very nice and helpful lady. They have just received the paperwork and are in the process of entering it into the system. I asked about the DS-3032 and the bill for the affidavit of support. They said they will send them both out in the next 1-2 weeks. They will also send me a DS-3032 just in case. It does look like we just may be standing in the same visa line in Guangzhou. While they interview, you and I will have plenty to talk about. They also said that they will send the papers to China, with the address in Chinese. That will help alot.

As you can see by my timeline, I took both routes at the same time.

The K3 came in ahead of the CR-1 so I took it. Afew weeks after arrival in the US, there was a huge slow down, as you may have been reading. Had I gone the CR-1 route, I think we might just now be interviewing.

I found the NVC to be fairly easy to work with, but there are some things you should be aware of. It looks like you are aware of the DS-3032. They will send you a copy but it doesn't do you alot of good as they will only accept a signed copy, original, from your wife. They will not accept a faxed copy from her. I assume she will name you as agent of choice. After they have recieved the agent of choice doc from your wife, they will then send the rest of the documents to you to fill in on her behalf.

Next, if you decide that the CR-1 is the way to go, when they ask for money, send it as fast as possible. They do not procede with the next step until the money is posted to them. However, once you send the money, as in the immigrant fee bill, it is gone forever if you switch and go the K3 route.

Look at my time line - it may help, I don't know.

Dean

Thanks Dean. I noticed you also live in Virginia. Where abouts are you? I am in Smithfield, near Norfolk. I have sent my wife, a filled in Ds-3032. Told her, when she receives her's, to fill it in just like the one I sent to her. I have also sent her, DS-230's. I told her to finish filling them in, and send them to me ASAP. I have the papers ready for the I-864. Just waiting to have it noterized and then make copies. Now just waiting for the GUZ number. And of course everything else.

I see us going the CR-1 route. The K3 route seems to be totally bogged down to a standstill. I think I have seen your timeline, and have used it as a reference for the time it will take to get certain things done.

Thanks

I'm up the road in Charlottesville.

As you can see, the time lines were neck and neck. I considered holding out for the CR-1, but felt like I should take what was there.

There is no hurry for my wife to go to work or anything. I've been so happy to have her here. It does not seem like we are heading into our 4th month.

Anyhow, good luck and Godspeed.

Dean

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, thanks for all of your time lines as reference,it does help!

My CR1 was approved on Jul.20.2004, we are so surprised for it becoz it only took four months in CSC service center ,we though it was going to take at least one year. Thank God!

And we are waiting for the DS 3032 form,im still in China now,i'd like to know does my husband has to call NVC asking my GUZ number or the GUZ number will be coming with the DS 3032 form? I'm really confused about it?could u please let me know as your experience,thank u!