I telephoned the Consulate. They said that people who are in the mid-April timeframe should probably look at an August or September interview - approximate times. They also said that the computers are boing updated which is probably slowing down things a bit. (it's evidently a security update - that sounds like fun!)

He said that EMail is the best means of communicating w/ them - they are given priority over letter and fax. I told him 2 or 3 times that GZ is not responding to many of the EMails that are being sent. He said the unit should be responding to EMails w/in 10 days. I told him I have a EMail that is 20 days w/out a response and repeated that many EMails are not being answered. I had the same conversation w/ another GZ rep a while back.

Again, he was polite, but offered the same "little information" response.

Same old same old - "hurry up and wait."

This is a good representation how I am feeling tonight - I think the moon's full - YIKES! :D

http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/wolfman.gif

When I went to the information session in at the consulate last April The man giving the session said then that the best way to get info from GZ is to email them. I wanted to point out my many unanswered emails to him but about that time I spotted Bing who told me her visa was approved. I quickly lost interest in Q&A

Carl,

that's exactly what I told him - 3 times. It sure would be nice if they answered the EMails that we sent to them!!?! ;)

You want an answer from GZ here I will give you the answer to all emails at least this is the only answer I ever get.

Dear (Fill in petitioners name)

Thank you for your email. (Fill in recipient name) is now waiting to be scheduled for an interview. Once the interview date is scheduled, we will mail the appointment packet to her address. Given high volume of visa applications, we cannot predict when the interview will be scheduled.

> Sincerely Yours

> Immigrant Visa Unit

Interesting about e-mails. During the process, GZ was very responsive to my e-mails, sometimes sending a response in one day. Boy, times must have changed.

Four things I found to be helpful. Never use one of the canned subject lines - always use "Other". Using "Other" seems to require a real person to read the e-mail which sometimes keeps you from getting a canned response. Do wait a week or so before sending a second e-mail. I am convinced that repeated e-mails do reset the response clock. Be as cordial as you can, even to the point of being sappy. And fourth, send thank you e-mails.

Interesting about e-mails.  During the process, GZ was very responsive to my e-mails, sometimes sending a response in one day.  Boy, times must have changed.

Four things I found to be helpful.  Never use one of the canned subject lines - always use "Other".  Using "Other" seems to require a real person to read the e-mail which sometimes keeps you from getting a canned response.  Do wait a week or so before sending a second e-mail.  I am convinced that repeated e-mails do reset the response clock.  Be as cordial as you can, even to the point of being sappy.  And fourth, send thank you e-mails.

Every time I use "Other" I never get a response!