P.O.E. took our paperwork

Hey,

I am back form the dead... or should I say back to the living with my (now) wife at home IN THE USA. So she is here, we got married, I moved to CA.

Upon arrival at LAX the immigration guy took ALL of our paperwork.

My questions are?

Who do I inform of the address change? The BCIS and DoS no longer have any record of our case or file numbers. So I can't get by the prompts and through to a human.

Is it right that they kept all of the paperwork except for the chest x-Ray?

How am I suppose to fill out the 485 and the 7?? without my paperwork?

OK, any help is appreciated.

Louis

Hey,

I am back form the dead...  or should I say back to the living with my (now) wife at home IN THE USA.  So she is here, we got married, I moved to CA.

Upon arrival at LAX the immigration guy took ALL of our paperwork.

My questions are?

Who do I inform of the address change?  The BCIS and DoS no longer have any record of our case or file numbers.  So I can't get by the prompts and through to a human.

Is it right that they kept all of the paperwork except for the chest x-Ray?

How am I suppose to fill out the 485 and the 7?? without my paperwork?

OK, any help is appreciated.

Louis

Welcome back. Now you enter the second twilight zone for AOS. And, you thought you were finished with the process. :redblob:

Don't bet the ranch that there is no record. Your wife got an A# upon entry into the US. She's in the system with the I-94. Forget about GUZ numbers. The A# is important now.

It is common that the POE folks take all the paperwork, but I hope you've got copies floating around somewhere. You need to use much of the same information as is on the previous filings. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but sometimes I wonder why the government keeps asking for the same information over and over - maybe they's trying to catch you in an inconsistency. :redblob:

Like ty said, send in the AR-11. This informs the government of changes in addresses but, remember, it does not change addresses on filed applications, etc. When you complete the applications for EAD and AOS, use you current mailing address.

The EAD and AOS will require information from her passport/visa/I-94. You should have these. Hope you kept a copy of the NOA2. You'll need it for AOS. Eric's listing is probably the most comprehensive list out there.

THanks for the quick responses. I think we have copies of everything. I need to start digging through the boxes and re-sort the whole damn mess. Moving did not help my organization.

Frank,

What is the A# ? I looked on her passport and attached visa and did not notice anything. Is it a seperate form or card or?

Other than we already recieved her SS# and have ordered the 'certified' copies of the marriage papers. As you all probably know they would not issue our 17 year old daughter a SS#.

Hope you guys are well. I need to make time and get back into the chat rooms and see whats going on.

Ahh, got it, never noticed that new number.  

Thanks

:-)

It should also be on the I-94 stapled in her passport.

The I-94 has one number printed on the front called a "departure number"

But your right on the back there is a handwritten A# (wish I could read it).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blsqueaky

I was just looking again what Ling brought here, and I have the origiinal GIV-24 form and the DS-156, both Chinese and English, and with a stamp on it. Not sure what it is, but I am keeping these forms. Also I have with me her shot record that was done there and her health exam book and x-ray. Did something happen here, or did I get lucky????

I was just looking again what Ling brought here, and I have the origiinal GIV-24 form and the DS-156, both Chinese and English, and with a stamp on it. Not sure what it is, but I am keeping these forms. Also I have with me her shot record that was done there and her health exam book and x-ray. Did something happen here, or did I get lucky????

My wife got to keep the health exam and shot record books and xray. I can't think of anything else she kept theer than passport and and I-94.

Ahh, got it, never noticed that new number.  

Thanks

:-)

It should also be on the I-94 stapled in her passport.

Hey WB, is the A# on the passport the same A# on NOA2? I remember a recent post asking how to get MOA2 for I-485. Old brain cells can't remeber who but can tha A# be used to get copy NOA2?