Advance Parole

When we applied for EAD and AOS, I did not apply for advance parole, thinking that we would have plenty of time as we planned our next trip to China.

Unfortunately, Jingwen's dad has been hospitalized and is not expected to survive much longer. Needless to say, she is distraught, and I feel so bad having to tell her that she cannot leave the country to be with him and the family until she receives her advance parole papers which I have applied for but don't expect for at least 30-45 days (may be too late) :angry:

Anyone ever hear of expedited processing for AP?

Ask her father's  doctor to issue a diagnosis certificate with hospital letterhead, and fax to you.  Translate it into English and take it to local INS,  they can expedite with 7 days.  That is what I heard of...emilian

Thanks for the insight. I'll give it a try.

Ask her father's  doctor to issue a diagnosis certificate with hospital letterhead, and fax to you.  Translate it into English and take it to local INS,  they can expedite with 7 days.  That is what I heard of...emilian

Thanks for the insight. I'll give it a try.

Frank, the diagnosis certificate will do little good. What you need is the prognosis stating he has limited time. I can't remember where I read about emergency AP but I did read it is possible.

Good luck,

Trigg

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not sure exactly what you would need.  I was told by an INS officer that they can expedite an Advance Parole, given "proper" proof, within about 24 hours (I asked as her grandmother is in poor health).

I have a friend whose wife's brother just died in China. He applied for AP about 1 month ago.l

An INS officer (not a service rep) told him an expedited AP would take 3 months and normal is taking 4-6 months.

He is pretty upset and does not know what to do. His wife want's to return to China.

I wonder if he needs to talk to another INS officer?