Glad that the general story is getting some coverage, but that is a story from a week ago or more that somebody at the Times just now decided to run. I remember reading that exact story.

My wife found a rumor on 001 about an AP article in a Chinese paper stating that another 5,000 names were released on 12/27, but I tried to check it out and could find nothing from AP. Since I couldn't verify it, I would say that one was nothing but a mistranslation or just an unfounded rumor.

Glad that the general story is getting some coverage, but that is a story from a week ago or more that somebody at the Times just now decided to run.  I remember reading that exact story.

My wife found a rumor on 001 about an AP article in a Chinese paper stating that another 5,000 names were released on 12/27, but I tried to check it out and could find nothing from AP.  Since I couldn't verify it, I would say that one was nothing but a mistranslation or just an unfounded rumor.

Owen,

It is the AP story that is in all papers worldwide, including China. :P

Do you have a link tho that story?

Glad that the general story is getting some coverage, but that is a story from a week ago or more that somebody at the Times just now decided to run.  I remember reading that exact story.

My wife found a rumor on 001 about an AP article in a Chinese paper stating that another 5,000 names were released on 12/27, but I tried to check it out and could find nothing from AP.  Since I couldn't verify it, I would say that one was nothing but a mistranslation or just an unfounded rumor.

Owen,

It is the AP story that is in all papers worldwide, including China. :P

Do you have a link to that story?

NIX I found the Link "My Bad"

All,

I am closing this thread since I went and checked our Links and Resources forum (Articles about visa delays thread) and found out we have had a link to this exact AP article (though via a different publisher) since it was released on 12/24.

Thanks,

P.J.