We're both home.....

Well, Hong-Li and I arrived in Philly late last night. Went through the LA POE. It was very quick comparitively for all the paperwork.

I suggest letting one of the customs attendants know your with a K-1 visa and they will shuffle you into a short line. as we did....didnt take long, maybe 15 minutes at most. and then we caught our connecting flight to Philly.

we took a nice walk this morning and now going to the local Asian market which is quite huge and has everything there...including live fish.....

Have to get her a chinese hot water maker though....:) other than that, everything is settling in quite well so far.

Personally, I couldnt let her of done that trip by herself.....minimum, I think people should at least meet their woman at the POE then travel on with her.

Hong-Li was really able to appreciate what I went through every 2 months coming to see her and the long arduous trip it can be for 24+ hours. She didnt realize what I did after her leaving me at the Xi'an airport till she did it herself.

I also go to call her "laowei" for a change...:):):P

Frank

Have to get her a chinese hot water maker though....:) other than that, everything is settling in quite well so far.

**SNIP**

I also go to call her "laowei" for a change...:P:):P

What is a Chinese hot water maker, Fire and a Wok?

I never thought about the "lao wei" thing but she can still call you "bai chi" :D :) :P

Welcome back do give us more details as life goes on.

Welcome back. Hope you can get rested up from the flight, though the huge grocery will not help. You had an especially long trip from the middle of China to the east coast. Be sure and get your hydration back up. My Ping would not drink cold water when she first came here but now she will.

My wife uses her rice cooker to make hot drinking water--maybe that's wht he means??

Welcome back frank. you are 100% right. At least meet at the POE. To many ways to get confused on a connecting flight.

It's a stand alone appliance, looks kind of like a coffee warmer. You push the button on top, and hot water comes out. At least that's one make. I'm sure they can differ :)

Congratulations, and welcome back to the US. It's nice to have a good asian market close by, especially the ones with the live seafood. I can't wait to shop at the chinese market when my fiancee gets here. lol, the old ladies that sell me the phone cards can't wait to meet her.

Best wishes for great future together.

Welcome home and best wishes for a smooth settling in process. Now, prepare yourself for the joys of AOS, EAD, SSN and all that fun stuff.

Seriously, glad to see that all went well. We came through LAX as well with no problems.