Another Powell Letter

If in fact the name check are lost in the big black hole, DOS and CA need to work on this.

I think CA has some say in the matter but DOS (Powells Office) has more power and all policies are made there.

Here is another Powell letter.

As I said before, I am no english professor, Im just an old hands on worker.

Please review and resopnd if you like, Oh, I have tough skin and i dont get my feelings hurt easily. :lol: :blink: :( :( :lol: :lol:

Dear Mr. Powell,

By now, we are sure you are aware of the visa delay problems at the US Consulate IV Unit in Guangzhou China.

We have been told the delays will take additional 6-8 weeks time for the new name check policy. The fact remains; there are hundreds of July and August interviewees for fiancée and family visas still waiting while other, more recent, interviews now get visas within 30-60 days after the name check has been submitted. We the undersigned have waited 150 and more for our cases name checks to be complete and visas issued.

It is quite obvious at this point the July and August name checks have been mishandled, entered in error, lost or just pushed to the wastebasket. If they were not mishandled in some manor, we would have visas by now and would not be requiring you attention in this matter.

The people in the below list have been waiting over 1 year to obtain a visa for their loved ones, and soon all the documents that is required to obtain a visa will be beyond the 1 year limit for these documents. It is not our fault the system has been changed or errors in the process have been unmistakably made.

We are asking you to intervene in this situation and apply special conditions to resolve this unfortunate situation.

We feel you should contact the office or offices who are in charge or doing the name checks to have the July and August names below moved to the top of the priority list and finished before all others.

Dear Mr. Powell, as you know, most problems do not solve themselves, this seems to be the general policy at this point with the mishandled, entered in error, lost or just pushed to the wastebasket name checks.

A proactive course of action is due at this time.

Thank you bla bla bla

I have never received a reply from Powell nor do I know anyone else that has. Powell, as head of DOS, has people that are in charge of different areas of the State Department ie...Harty for CA. All CA does now is distribute visas. Homeland Security is in charge of INS now and DOJ does the background checks. You should be directiong your questions to Ashcroft at DOJ. The holdup is with the background checks.  :)

Powell, Ashcroft, whoever, or maybe all of them, Im just sick of all the mishaps form all of them.

If Powells office gets a letter, some one has to see it and do something with it, the point is to get attention.

I will be more than happy to send a letter to Ashcroft also.

the more , the better.

This just needs to get fixed.

Guest bbridges51

The higher up you send the letter, the less chance there is of someone actually reading and responding to it. Send it above Harty, and there's a chance the letter will be sent down to him. Send it too far above Harty, and it will just get lost.

Such is true in education when the state department of ed sends information to the superintendent and it never makes its way down the food chain to the person who needs to see it.

Brian

The higher up you send the letter, the less chance there is of someone actually reading and responding to it. Send it above Harty, and there's a chance the letter will be sent down to him. Send it too far above Harty, and it will just get lost.

Such is true in education when the state department of ed sends information to the superintendent and it never makes its way down the food chain to the person who needs to see it.

Brian

sending it to as many as we can is better than not sending anything.

Hey Mark,

You asked us to trust you on the deal about calling DOS and the letter to Harty. I think that most like me, figured that you had some kind of inside info since you said you had 3 e-mails from her. So what is the deal with another letter to Powell which I think will be forwarded to Harty anyway?

Brian

sending it to as many as we can is better than not sending anything.

Mark,

Then knock yourself out. After awhile it is regarded as spaming and you, personally, can irritate all the people you want to. You are an American. You have the right to irritate the powers over this situation right now, but the assistant, assitant, secretarys are just going to shit can your letters.

James, I like your views on things.

You are a very stong willed person, I admire that.

Spam is letters sent over and over relentlessly with no real meanning except to the seller.

We are not selling something. We are asking for action in a bad situation.

All through out the history of this country, policies have changed due to a group of individuals voicing their views to as many people as thay can.

The policeman on the street can't change the laws, only enforce them.

The DOS and DOJ make the laws. not the consulate or consulate affairs office. In order for us to achive special conditions, those who can do this should be asked to do this.

Just may opinion.

Hey Mark,

DOS and DOJ do not make laws, Congress does. The departments make rules to impliment the laws.

Hey Mark,

You asked us to trust you on the deal about calling DOS and the letter to Harty. I think that most like me, figured that you had some kind of inside info since you said you had 3 e-mails from her. So what is the deal with another letter to Powell which I think will be forwarded to Harty anyway?

If in fact the name check are lost in the big black hole, DOS and CA need to work on this.

I think CA has some say in the matter but DOS (Powells Office) has more power and all policies are made there.

Here is another Powell letter.

As I said before, I am no english professor, Im just an old hands on worker.

Please review and resopnd if you like, Oh, I have tough skin and i dont get my feelings hurt easily.  :blink:  :blink:  :(  :(  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

(I went ahead and corrected what I thought may be a better wording of the document. I am not an English master myself. :) I am more a self Taught writer. :) )

Dear Mr. Powell,

By now, we are sure you are aware of the visa delay problems at the US Consulate IV Unit in Guangzhou China.

We have been told the delays will take "AN" additional 6-8 weeks time for the new name check policy. The fact remains; there are hundreds of July and August interviewees for fiancée and family visas still waiting while other, more recent, interviews now get "their" visas within 30-60 days after the name check has been submitted. We the undersigned have waited 150 and more "DAYS" for our cases name checks to be complete and visas issued.

It is quite obvious at this point the July and August name checks have been mishandled, entered in error, lost or just pushed to the wastebasket. If they were not mishandled in some manor, we would have visas by now and would not be requiring you attention in this matter.

The people in the below list have been waiting over 1 year to obtain a visa for their loved ones. <<cut>and> Soon all the documents that <<cut> is> "ARE" required to obtain a visa will be beyond the 1 year limit for these documents. It is not our fault the system has been changed "," or errors in the process have been unmistakably made.

We are asking you to intervene in this situation and apply special conditions to resolve this unfortunate situation.

We feel you should contact the office or offices who are in charge or doing the name checks to have the July and August names below moved to <<cut> the top of the>"A HIGH" priority list and finished before all others.

Dear Mr. Powell, as you know, most problems do not solve themselves. <<cut>,> This seems to be the general policy at this point with the mishandled, entered in error, lost or just pushed to the wastebasket name checks.

A proactive course of action is due at this time.

Thank you bla bla bla <Actually, Yadda, Yadda is better :lol:>

Phil

Hey Mark,

You asked us to trust you on the deal about calling DOS and the letter to Harty.  I think that most like me, figured that you had some kind of inside info since you said you had 3 e-mails from her.  So what is the deal with another letter to Powell which I think will be forwarded to Harty anyway?

I was asking myself the same question actually.

Another Powell letter will end up right on Harty's desk. I believe we already are sending one tomorrow.

Mark,

Why just add the names of the Aug. & Sept. group of people waiting for background checks to be finished to the letter. I went to GZ on 11/18 with Ella for her interview and I know at least 3 of the people has there visas in hand, I was there the day enight had her interview. So I am just as upset as everyone else. Why not let everyone wating for background to be completed add there name to the list, not just certain groups of people.

Tine & Ella

Indianapolis & Shanghai

Mark,

Why just add the names of the Aug. & Sept. group of people waiting for background checks  to be finished to the letter. I went to GZ on 11/18 with Ella for her interview and I know at least 3 of the people has there visas in hand, I was there the day enight had her interview. So I am just as upset as everyone else. Why not let everyone wating for background to be completed add there name to the list, not just certain groups of people.

Tine & Ella

Indianapolis & Shanghai

Tmartin,

It seems the July and August group is having the most trouble at this time.

There appears to be a black hole for this batch of name checks that no one can explain.

We all want the delays to be done with.

The name checks for the October, November and December interviewees seems to be getting More attention and completions than the August and July bunch.

I do know how you feel, since my fiancee's name check was submitted some time in June and still not finished, 6 months now.

Maybe this letter will help pave the way for all.

If you like, we can do another letter in a few days, for the rest of the folks also.

I feel very stongly about each and everyone of us writing a letter themselves also, I have.

Aslo, I have a funny feeling something is going on with this certain batch of name checks.