Don,

yeah it's harder than it seems to just take a graphic and change the color. Not quite sure how to do this, either. I used to know. Anyone with a knowledge of photoshop want to take the blue graphic and make a shiny nice silver and gold one?

P.J.

http://www.geocities.com/clkeele/pips.html

Do I get one

:greenblob: :greenblob: :greenblob:

Do I get one

:redblob: :redblob: :redblob:

Ok, I just used MegaView, and changed the hue, saturation, RGB colors, and etc. Then it made a yellow line down the right. I dumped it into MGI Photosuite and made the yellow line white.... New Golden boxes.

(sorry, I have somewhat crude tools at my disposal, but I can make them do what I want).

----- Clifford -----

I'm impressed! How 'bout silver and bronze? I know you can do it!

Just for Dave,

I've updated.... Now, Blue, Bronze, Silver, and Golden

P.J.

You can download the graphics from the WWW link.

Just right click on them and Save-As.... You know the rest.

----- Clifford ------

You forgot the ones for the GOP. :P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some threads that, perhaps don't need to be saved for posterity, but they add significantly to the success of the Candle.

All the "Welcome Newbie" threads.... Followed by the "Congratulations on Progress" threads. In many senses, they are as important as anything else to the success of the site.

I joined a couple of other sites... I posted a couple of messages, and nobody seemed to even notice..... And, thus, I quickly lost interest. One of the things that makes the Candle pleasant is that it welcomes participation from everyone.

---- Clifford -----

Yeah, I think everyone with over a thousand posts would get one.  

Sadly enough, I don't think that includes me.   :blush:

OK, everyone that thinks PJ should get a bright shiny new colored thingy raise your hand. (Trigg counts feverously) The ayes have it! PJ will be the very first to have his thingy shined and colored. Congrats to PJ---you the man <_<

Thanks, Clifford!

Don, I uploaded the files.

Problem is ... the software lets you either specify number of blue thingies per number of posts OR a custom graphic. That means no multiples if you have a custom graphic. So right now we'd be limited to 1 bronze, 1 silver, 1 gold. Until I get a chance to figure out how to make transparent GIFs with 2, 3, 4 ... etc. bronze thingies. Unless Clifford if you'd be willing to lend your graphic skills again *wink, wink*. ;)

P.J.

Thanks, Clifford!  

Don, I uploaded the files.    

Problem is ... the software lets you either specify number of blue thingies per number of posts OR a custom graphic.  That means no multiples if you have a custom graphic.  So right now we'd be limited to 1 bronze, 1 silver, 1 gold.  Until I get a chance to figure out how to make transparent GIFs with 2, 3, 4 ... etc. bronze thingies.  Unless Clifford if you'd be willing to lend your graphic skills again *wink, wink*.  ;)

P.J.

P.J.

I made GIFS with 1-10 of each color (see attached).

Down at the bottom, there is a link to download all of them at once.

I made them as Opaque on a white background. Do you need them to be transparent?

Also, look down where at #10, I gave dual colored (not made into a single GIF yet). Would you prefer it like that so that once a person reaches 10 pips, they never loose any, they just have the colors transformed?

I didn't make those into a single graphics, but could do so. Let me know what you want.

I also have a slight problem with the sizes of the graphics which got bigger than expected.... You can start working on the code and I can try to shrink or customize the graphics again.

----- Clifford ------

Hey all, sorry, I got onto this trhead kind of late :)

To re-confirm what others have said ...

I'd would be more than happy to donate! But I don't want to go through all the hassle of setting up a PayPall account.

Can't I just stick some cash in an envelope and send it somewhere? What's the difference?? :D

And I vote to keep things around for 2 years! Why? Why not? I'm sure enough people will donate to provide all the storage space that is necessary, and then some. And yeah, 2 years from now, a GB of space will cost ... nothing? Haha, as long as Google has the right to creep through it. Hey, not a bad idea?

P.S. The reason why I think 6 months is too short is because ... who gets through this whole process in less than 6 months? Going back 6 months from today brings us back to December, so much of the history of so many active Members would be erased. And why? Since the *whole* process takes around 2 years (from I-129F to Citizenship), I think it would be good to go for 2 years.

Ok,

I was looking at it again.

We have 3 methods of ding multi-colored pips....

1 - when reach a certain number, loose all pips and start with the new color (top of page)

2 - when reach a certain number, start replacing previous pips with new ones. (middle of page)

3 - keep all previous pips and add lines (see bottom of my page).

I would have to sit down and make some more custom graphics, but now that I have the WWW page made, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

From a less work/save time standpoint, wouldn't it be easiest to all of the RR to whoever volunteers space as opposed to deleting, ZIPing it, etc.?  OR buy the space?

I'm still waiting for the PayPal account to be created. I'm one of the biggest RR abusers. My donation will reflect my dedication and appreciation to CFL and to the RR. I promise to put up and shut up.