A response from the GZ people

I sent my first "email" inquiry to GZ today (via their "Contact Us" webform), and I asked canned question # 1 ... "When will I receive my appointment letter?"

The response I got was:

Please note that the case is now under processing for an interview scheduling. And it will take around a few months. Once we complete it, we will notify her.

May 26th + a few months = August 26th = late-September to mid-October interview

I've received better news in my life

:unsure:

I sent my first "email" inquiry to GZ today (via their "Contact Us" webform), and I asked canned question # 1 ... "When will I receive my appointment letter?"

The response I got was:

Please note that the case is now under processing for an interview scheduling. And it will take around a few months. Once we complete it, we will notify her.

May 26th + a few months = August 26th = late-September to mid-October interview

I guess that it is really a 'bummer' to see it in writing but recent news seems to confirm the "no new interviews" thing. I read almost two months ago (rumor stuff) that someone had news from GZ that stated they wouldn't be interviewing until july or August. It looks like this may be the case.

I think for you guys still waiting it must be made worse by not knowing the whys of it all. Do you think we will ever know what is really going on?? Visa center closing?? Biometric retooling?? Summer vaccations??

Well it's not as bad as

... "Turn your head and cough." or as scarey as "Please bend over.. you might feel a slight pressure..."

But it still ain't no walk in the park either.;(

hmmm "what next doc...? how long have I got?"

Mark and Bea

"around a few months"????

No explanation, no excuses, nothing.

Well, at least sept-oct is better than oct-nov... Just unbelieveable. I suppose they're waiting to let all the chinese students get their student visas refused (at about $100 a pop) before getting to those worthless k1 and k3 people...

"around a few months"???? 

Well, at least sept-oct is better than oct-nov...  Just unbelieveable.  I suppose they're waiting to let all the chinese students get their student visas refused (at about $100 a pop) before getting to those worthless k1 and k3 people...

Actually, we K-couples have to pay a $100 fee too (830 RMB actually), so they're getting just as much cash out of us as the students. And if they can conduct a K-related interview in 5 minutes or less, you'd think they would want to rip through as many interviews as possible in a day. But I don't think money is their motive. Sadly enough, I don't think they have any motive whatsoever.

I agree that student visas should be a priority. They need to have all the visas in hand in plenty of time to make travel and living plans before Mid-June for summer session, and September for Fall Session.

However, I have always been convinced that the reason that GZ does ALL of the K1-K4 visas is that there are truly so few of them that it doesn't make sense to conduct them all over China. I assume that they barely do 10 or perhaps at the most 20 - K interviews a day FOR ALL OF CHINA. A single person should be able to handle all of the K interviews and have time left over to catch up on the paperwork too. And, at $1000 to $2000 revenue per day in fees (probably close to $4 million / year in K visa fees), they should be able to afford the necessary staff to send out the packets and to conduct the interviews.

----- CK -----

sometimes all of this feels like eating broken glass! :D

No, I saw one of my platoon members eat some glass from a plate he broke even chewed it a little it seemed easy and painless, which is unlike what GZ is doing to us.

How, (he says delicately) did your army buddy do the next morning?? Hemorrhoids cleared up?? :lol: :D

sometimes all of this feels like eating broken glass! :D

No, I saw one of my platoon members eat some glass from a plate he broke even chewed it a little it seemed easy and painless, which is unlike what GZ is doing to us.

How, (he says delicately) did your army buddy do the next morning?? Hemorrhoids cleared up?? :lol: :D

I did not hear any screams or find any blood in the bathroom so I think it was dissolved by the stomach acids, Now I will tell you this much from first hand experience sunflower seed shells do not dissolve and they all come out pointing down with very sharp points, next to a urethral catheter it is the second worse experience I have had. Words of advice sunflower seeds are "EVIL"!!!!!!!

sometimes all of this feels like eating broken glass! :huh:

How, (he says delicately) did your army buddy do the next morning?? Hemorrhoids cleared up?? :blink: :blink:

I did not hear any screams or find any blood in the bathroom so I think it was dissolved by the stomach acids, Now I will tell you this much from first hand experience sunflower seed shells do not dissolve and they all come out pointing down with very sharp points, next to a urethral catheter it is the second worse experience I have had. Words of advice sunflower seeds are "EVIL"!!!!!!!

Hmmm, the guy that ate the glass was bright enough to chew it. Now how did you eat those seeds?? Geeezzz, you'd think a fella would learn an easier lesson by eating corn on the cob! :lol:

Well, after waiting the required 7 business days, and still getting no response to my email, I had my fiance send one yesterday. Surprisingly, they replied this morning. Not surprisingly, the response is even more "canned" (if possible) than the one Jim got:

"Please note that your case is now under processing for an interview

scheduling. Once we complete it, we will notify you."

Oh well, I guess it sounds better than "around a few months", but probably means the same thing!

Hmm, as a side note, I think the reason she got a response while I didn't may be because she selected the "when is my appointment date" subject, while I entered no subject... Either that or they just are more responsive to inquiries from china!

QUOTE=turtle,May 25 2004, 01:10 PM]"around a few months"????

Well, at least sept-oct is better than oct-nov... Just unbelieveable. I suppose they're waiting to let all the chinese students get their student visas refused (at about $100 a pop) before getting to those worthless k1 and k3 people...

Actually, we K-couples have to pay a $100 fee too (830 RMB actually), so they're getting just as much cash out of us as the students. And if they can conduct a K-related interview in 5 minutes or less, you'd think they would want to rip through as many interviews as possible in a day. But I don't think money is their motive. Sadly enough, I don't think they have any motive whatsoever.

BINGO!!!!

you go it Jim. They are a bunch of nerdowells, sitting around telling jokes and speaking in broken English all the while enjoying there cushy jobs!

It only took one of the mental midgets to figure out.. A; if I work hard and am polite at the end of the month I get paid. B if I am sick at the end of the month I get paid. C; if my boss sees me in the morning and at night and I leave top go play... all day long I get paid at the end of the month.

OS D; all of the above and I get paid..

Who said the commies were the best!!??

Mark