Proof of relationship

Hi all,

Just a quick question about proof of relationship.  Jade and I made a ten minute tape of us conversing in English.  Should we format it on DVD or Video tape?  In other words, what does the Embasy in Guanzhou want?

Thanks,

Jeff

If they ask for a tape it will be VHS formatt.

Hi all,

Just a quick question about proof of relationship.  Jade and I made a ten minute tape of us conversing in English.  Should we format it on DVD or Video tape?  In other words, what does the Embasy in Guanzhou want?

Thanks,

Jeff

I am not sure, but I think that some or most of the CD's that are made in the US wont play on there players there, is this right?

The consulate asks fo VHS . Be aware that VHS format beween the U.S. and China are incompatible for technical reasons...We are NTSB format, while China is PAL format .

If asked for a videotape, I will take my Sony 8mm, shoot the conversation, then go to a store called "Computer City". where for a fee they will do transfers to VHS. I have a friend who went through all this in GZ last week.

GZ does not want DVD's.

Take your video camera and a blank VHS tape....get the rest done over there....

The consulate asks fo VHS . Be aware that VHS format beween  the U.S. and China are incompatible for technical reasons...We are NTSB format, while China is PAL format .

If asked for a videotape, I will take my Sony 8mm, shoot the conversation, then go to a store called "Computer City". where for a fee they will do transfers to VHS. I have a friend who  went through all this in GZ last week.

GZ does not want DVD's.

Take  your video camera and a blank VHS tape....get the rest done over there....

So they want the video to be VHS PAL format.

The consulate asks fo VHS . Be aware that VHS format beween  the U.S. and China are incompatible for technical reasons...We are NTSB format, while China is PAL format .

If asked for a videotape, I will take my Sony 8mm, shoot the conversation, then go to a store called "Computer City". where for a fee they will do transfers to VHS. I have a friend who  went through all this in GZ last week.

GZ does not want DVD's.

Take  your video camera and a blank VHS tape....get the rest done over there....

Alex,

I don't suppose you would happen to know if these "Computer City" folks can do the same with a MiniDV (digital video tape) can they? I'm tempted to bring along my own VCR from home, I know I can tranfer the MiniDV tapes to VHS in either PAL or NTSC. And as long as I bring the right plug/power converters, it sohuldn't be a problem.

Also ... does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the GZ people actually looking at any of these tapes? I know they seem to be requesting them often ... but I wonder if they ever actually stick them in a VCR and watch these videos. Me thinks a blank VHS tape would just fine too :P