Christmas in July

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very big congratulations to you. I am so glad that you stuck with the plan and now have only a little more than a month until the next step. I hope the story is only happiness from now on, and can't wait to hear about you telling her.

Nice kitchen. Can she cook? :angry:

Maybe we should have everyone guess the type of wood that the floor is made out of :redblob: :redblob:

----- Clifford -----

Was they floor made from a Cheetos tree?

Cliff, man I can't tell you how happy I am for you. I think we were all wondering if it would ever happen. I know many many people have been following your dilemma and I for one was really starting to think it was not going to happen. I believe I can speak for 99% of CFL when I say "Wahoooooooo!!!!!!! greenblob: :greenblob: :wacko: :greenblob: :angry: :redblob: :excl: :redblob:

A well deserved Congratulation to you and Irina.

you have help so many here on CFL so it is our turn to offer you that support you have given to so many.

I wish you a speedy process and nothing but the best on Irina's interview.

Question, will you be going there to give her moral support as some of us have done in the past in china..

nice kitchen, who did it :angry:

Wonderful news Clifford!!

I'm very, very happy for you. Glad there's a light at the end of that really long tunnel you've been in. Are you going to try to be there for the interview?

By the way, why so many espresso makers? Are they for the other 4 fiancees? Are those samovars off to the left? My guess on the floor, is maple strips with mahogany or teak insets.

Wonderful news Clifford!!

I'm very, very happy for you.  Glad there's a light at the end of that really long tunnel you've been in.  Are you going to try to be there for the interview?

By the way, why so many espresso makers?  Are they for the other 4 fiancees?  Are those samovars off to the left?  My guess on the floor, is maple strips with mahogany or teak insets.

Thank you all for the warm wishes.

Ok,

The Expresso pots.... Well, I studied Italian in college (among other things). I had just barely started drinking coffee (mocha hot chocolate) in college before heading to Italy for a little over a year. I got a couple of pots when I was there, different sizes. Somewhere I misplaced my 1-cup pot :lol:

Yes, I picked up a couple of Samovars, hopefully to make Irina more comfortable, plus they are very beautiful.

As far as the floor.

Ok, here are a few more hints....

The dark and the light are from the same type of wood.

It is not from a tree.

It is imported from China.... :D :blink:

Oh,

And, yes, I wanted to go to the interview. I think July 8th will be bad for both of us. I am not sure if I will be able to get out from work then.

Bamboo???

:greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

They cut the bamboo into thin strips, then laminate it to make solid plank flooring. It is supposed to be as hard as other woods, but I must admit that I have already scratched and dented it a couple of times :(

It does, however, make a beautiful floor.

---- Clifford ------

Bamboo???

:greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

They cut the bamboo into thin strips, then laminate it to make solid plank flooring. It is supposed to be as hard as other woods, but I must admit that I have already scratched and dented it a couple of times :(

It does, however, make a beautiful floor.

---- Clifford ------

Yup, it do look nice. Now do I win a prize?? Huh, do I?? What did I win?? Is it a new car?? I think it is a new car. Is it a shiney new red car?? I think maybe it is. Oh Ok, you get the prize and the prize is (insert drumroll here) A shiney new (pause for effect) VISA!!!!! :( :D :P :D