another round of name check?

Dave and I just passed our green card interview in SF; however, we were told that since they haven;t finish my name check and they are still waiting for my original K1 visa package from SF customs, we have to wait several months before they mail me the approval letter. Then we have to drive one and half hour again up to downtown to get my temporary green card stamp.

That's ridiculous. I entered this country by SF airport, which is not far away form SF INS office and they need almost one year to get a file fm airport to their office?

The guy who interviewed us was very ironic about their relationship with FBI and the efficiency of FBI's work.

How long do u guys usually wait after ur interview in CA?

Hello Lori,

Did you guys get the Phillipina gentleman? I don't recall his name, but he was very helpful with us. We didn't have that problem, and I am not sure why you did. He had the file (a very thick one) when we went into his office. He proceeded to ask several questions, and then said that my wife and her daughter passed, stamped the passports, and told them that it would be 2-3 months before the green card arrives. We received a "Welcome to America" letter for my wife 3-4 days ago, stating that the green card would arrive within 3 weeks. Today, the green card arrived for my wife, and the "Welcome" letter for her daughter. I assume that her green card will arrive within a week also. I apologize for the inconsistency of the procedures of our government agencies, but just be patient, it will come. At any rate, you are here, they won't send you back, so don't stress out! Good luck! Next time we get down to Fremont (we were there 3 weekends ago visiting a Chinese friend) we'll let you know, and maybe we can get together and compare notes!