Good News!!!!!!!

Yes, it does pay-off, just when I decided to relax and take it easy. I called Qisheng while he was having breakfast and he was thrilled, he was beginning to get a little pesimistic about the whole thing. I know we still have a long road to walk, but we're closer to the finish line, right? I hope that all of you awaiting your P-4's can give us some good news in the following days.

Now, what follows? I know the case will be forwarded to NH for name screening, how do I know the status of it from now on? When will a GZ number be assigned to it? How will I know that it has been finally forwarded to GZ and the DHL tracking number?

OK Mari,

reat news! Now a slight wrinkle --- some times the NVC doesn't log in your IRS # --- so they tell you on the automated system, and even when you talk to a representive that:

"we have no record of your file" ---if that happens, (and I don't know how frequently it might, ask to speak with a supervisor -- and if that doesn't work, call your Congressman's office as we had to ---- who then checked, and but as it turned out, they had it alll along!)

--Kim

Congratulations Mari!!!!!! Now things happen fast until P-4 then it will be the longest few weeks of your life lol. It took about 2 weeks for our case to be assigned a GUZ # after NOA-2. The phone number over at NVC is 603 334 0700. Your case should clear NVC in 4 weeks or less. After that it takes about 2 months to get P-3. Many of the guys track thier pettions by DHL. I didn't bother since all it will tell you is when a package that left NVC arrives at the consulate not your specific package. At the weekly info sesson in GZ the consular official said the reason it takes so long for P-3 is the package has to clear Chinese customs. Why it isnt in a diplomatic pouch is beyond me. If your timeline mirrors ours you should have interview in about 5 months. Good luck!

Mari,

The NVC number should be on your reciept (which will arrive in about a week or so).

A year ago, it was: (603) 334-0700

There is an automated system, but K1 and K3 applicants must talk to a live person (at least that was how it was a year ago).

------ Clifford -----