Have you ever used a Callback phone service?

My sister teaches school in Brazil. She was telling me about this cheap way to make international calls. It is called a "Callback Phone service".

You call a number, and hang up. The computer at the other end calls you back and then you dial the number that you intend to call. It is extremely cheap.

I have MCI International plan and it is 14 cents per minute + $4.00 per month.

This call back service only cost 11 cents per minute to China, and some rates are even cheaper.

Here is the URL, go check it out.

Callback phone service

Patrick

The problem i had with Calling cards is......You dial the number, and it is busy. You do this over and over. I have done it for 2 hours before i got through. I have also done it and given up and just called direct and get right through. Which lead me to believe that they get bogged down during certain times. It was also a hassle due to having to dial 20+ numbers each time. But if you have the patience, That is definitly the way to go. I was paying 5 cents per minute with a calling card. I just wasnt patient enough to deal with those wait times.

Patrick :unsure:

I have given up all long distance service, even in the US ---

Use only phone cards --- Super China 2 for US to China --- Never had a busy signal, and almost always super clear (same room ) connection to GZ ... did get an echo once.. and still under 3 cents per. min. if you avoid time fees...

For domestic, or calls China to US I use the MCI cards sold at Target -- which sometimes are on sale for 325 domestic (units) minutes for $10 ......

But there is another feature which they don't openly advertise --- in China, you can dial 10812 --never a busy signal-- and who knows? maybe that is a call back feature -- but it is much cheeper than following the instructions on the card---

---after which, calls to the US were a straight 14 units per minute.. (I think that is what it was.. it has been a while -- but very reasonable)

---Kim

The problem i had with Calling cards is......You dial the number, and it is busy. You do this over and over. I have done it for 2 hours before i got through. I have also done it and given up and just called direct and get right through. Which lead me to believe that they get bogged down during certain times. It was also a hassle due to having to dial 20+ numbers each time. But if you have the patience, That is definitly the way to go. I was paying 5 cents per minute with a calling card. I just wasnt patient enough to deal with those wait times.

Patrick  :P

My wife uses onesuite. 4.2 cents per minute and only presses two buttons to connect to the access line and then two more buttons to dial through to a dozen or so preprogrammed numbers for her family and friends. She spends hours on the phone for less than $10 per month.

I guess you don't have a local access number Don I only pay 2.5 cents and like her I have it on speed dial and then zip dial so maybe 6 buttons. Yes I do get problems connecting but I have a few access numbers if one don't work just move to the next yes it is a hassle but worth it for the price

Has anyone had problems with OneSuite and getting consistent busy numbers? I don't know if it's my bad luck or the area I'm trying to call, but lately I've been getting busy numbers when I want to get through, but then when I use another calling card it goes through right away. So now when I get a busy number with OneSuite I don't know if it's because the callee is really using the phone or if their lines are all tied up...

Patrick  :rolleyes:

Patrick,

You might want to try this long distance service for direct dialing. For US to China, I use a phone company called Asian American Association Telecom Services http://www.aaats.com 1-888-888-8881. Rate is 4.9 c/min. to both land line or mobile phone in Asia, 6.9 c/min for long distance US calls. They also send you a 30 free min calling card with every monthly bill. Also, you can have these same rates apply from your cell phone.

Pat