Chinese Cars

Does anyone know how much a car in china costs? Truck and having it shipped here Example Changon or Ford something or another, I am looking for a truck, american? I can't buy Japanese, not allowed, Korean no problem, we have a Hyundai, help needed, any answers???????? :lol: :D :blink:

I think it would be a bad move as the tax on cars in China puts the price right up with ours and the quality may be lacking. They also may not meet emission and collision standards here.

I went to a car show the last time I was in Nanjing and there were many nice cars like Bimmers and VWs but the eye opener was a RR with a sold sign on it.

I think it would be a bad move as the tax on cars in China puts the price right up with ours and the quality may be lacking. They also may not meet emission and collision standards here.

I think the question was about buying a vehicle to use in China. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for that one.

As far as importing cars, I believe that cars over 25 years old are exempt from US federal regulations, but may still fall under state/municipality smog regulations. I would look for a 1974 or older model which should be exempt from smog. :lol:

Some of you have seen the picture of my 1967 Fiat 500. Fortunately it isn't subject to emissions, and I do not relish the thought of crashing.

----- Clifford ------