Visa fee increase

AAHHHH! Trying to beat that deadline now!!!

busy busy busy!

almost done!

:lol:

I got mine sent this morning, finally!!! Overnight priority US mail. Then I remembered that I forgot to put the A# on the back of the photo (in pencil of course). I went back to the post office and they actually let me open the envelope and fix it. Thank goodness for a small town PO. Anyway it was a total savings of $310.00 on all forms for my wife and stepdaughter. Seems worth the last minute craziness to me.

ooops, i forgot about the pencil detail, how big a deal is that? i did it in pen, but it didn't make indentions or make marks on the other pics, do ya think it is ok????

so many STUPID details!!

I think it will be OK. At least you beat the deadline. the worst they could do is make you send another picture.

I did mine with a sharpie, but am not worried, as that's how I sent my photos with my I-129F (you are supposed to write your name on your photos).

I got mine in at 11:45a on April 29 at the local office. The INS officer there said that she was surprised that not many people had come in to beat the deadline. Oh well. Now we just wait for our letter of receipt.

I blew it!

I missed the deadline because I thought I was OK getting it in April 30th, but when I read the USCIS web site it said the rates went up on the 30th. 

Oh well, it was only a $55 increase for me, since I'm sending in the I-129F.  No way I could beat any of the other increases.

Mark, I called UCIS and they told me "postmarked on or before April 30th"

well i hope it didn't trip anyone up, but Trigg, whoever you spoke to that told you it should be postmarked on or before april 30 to not have to pay the increased fees was a little bit off. on the uscis website it now says that if your application is postmarked ON or AFTER APril 30 then it will be rejected and you will have to submit the remaining amount of money!

man!! it didn't get us, we got our mailed on the 29th and it arrived in New Orleans on April 30 at 11:48pm. So, we should be fine!!!

just wanted to let y'all know that incase there was any confusion!!!

this if for the I-485

New Fee: If your application is postmarked on or after April 30, 2004, the required fee is $315 if you are 14 years of age or older. If you are under 14 years of age, the required fee is $215.

Please note that the Form I-485 does not reflect the change in filing fee at this time. However, if your application is postmarked on or after April 30, 2004, the new fee must be included or your application will be rejected.