Maybe Carl and Bing will post something. As you know, they should be making their visit today or tomorrow.  I am hoping they might get a faster scoop as to what is going on.  Also Mark and Bea might have heard something.

My head hurts! Two bottles of Advile in 4 days...... Thank God I had a three day week end so I could think about all of this!  http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_5_23.gif

Bryan;

Carl and I are just now messaging on yahoo. trying to sort this out or make sense of it.

he and Bing will leave SZ today for a place Bing found in GZ. Doesn't seem their visa will be effected.

As for bea and I unless when i check our snail mail today and we have a letter from GZ it would seem we are out of luck.

warpedbored: if the interview is ready to be scheduled they already have everything they need to issue the visa

hypoclear: yes this seems so as the embasyy sites say.. continue on to your interview if it has been scheduled..

warpedbored: ah now it becomes clear

warpedbored: the chinese govt isnt cooperating in the name check process

warpedbored: since this is the cornerstone of the anti terrorism effort it would throw a wrench in the works of the process

warpedbored: perfect retaliation for the commies

warpedbored: makes sense now

warpedbored: and i doubt bush knows or even cares how much face he is losing here

I think Carl has a good handle on this.

SO I guess we wait and if this is ALL visa's meaning business and tourist, when moneis pockets get lighter action will happen..

Mark and bEA

Hopefully the word will get out if this is an adminstrative delay to catch up on things or a political move. Neither is good but an administrative delay is at least not quite as annoying.

For those who have sweethearts in Nanning, the Walmart is suppose to open on Wednesday!

Hmmmm... McDonald's, Pizza Hut, KFC, and now Walmart. The Americanization of Nanning is complete!

My heart goes out to all of you (and it should probably go out to me and my Fei as well!)

... But we are just getting into GZ (customs hold on the file)....

If misery loves company, I have been here before --- the adoption of my first daughter was delayed beginning in 1995 -- (US gov. shut down in funding spat) then Beijing, in an anti- corruption campain transfered adoption responsibilties to another agency -- so here i was looking at a 3/4 inch picture of my infant daughter-to-be and -- and finally met her in 1997 just after her second birthday...

As I have posted several days ago--- the US is way behind Europe in biometric identification -- but the terrorists will be coming over the border in Mexico and Canada -- not through China....

Obviously, we are: "straws to the wind" politically, but hopefully, China will see the wisdom of increased security...

--Kim

It can't be a long ordeal. I'm sure this will end by the holiday time. God I hope so! We all got soooooooooo close!!!! I could smell the visa!! This is funny but I even wanted to open a snowball stand outside our furniture store for this summer and Nicola was all excited to run it! HAHAHA I hope its still warm by the time she comes.

Hopefully the word will get out if this is an adminstrative delay to catch up on things or a political move.  Neither is good but an administrative delay is at least not quite as annoying.

From the sound of the message, it doesn't sound like the US side knows why they were shut down. I wonder if it's related to the recent SARS news...

This is like guessing the origin of UFOs... Lots of theories and likely none of them are right. :lol: