Noni Juice

Noni Juice benefits

A month ago a friend of a family mentioned  this juice to my wife and said it is some kind of miracle juice.  This juice is very expensive ($32 per 32 oz bottle). Now she thinks it is really a miracle juice.  Does anyone ever try this juice before?  I hate to pay over $32 a month for her noni juice addiction.

Somebody on this message board sells that stuff I forget who

Ummm,

What exactly is in Noni Juice?

Make sure it doesn't include stuff like Rhino Horns which would be illegal to sell in the USA (and probably does little for a person, and is much harder on the Rhinos).

----- Clifford -----

Noni is a plant that grows in Hawaii and I think on some other Pacific Islands. The fruit is approximately the size of a fist, light green to greenish-white, with small knobby protrusions. It has been used by the Native Hawwaiians as a remedy for various illnesses. The University of Hawaii is currently doing studies on Noni for its cancer fighting properties.

My neighbors who are part Hawaiian drink it all the time. From what I understand, they put it into a sealed jar and store it in a cool location and let it ferment. Don't know how long, but apparently it liquifies. You can only drink a small amount of this pure extract a day. Too much and it I think they told me it will do some terrible things to your body. Supposed to taste very bitter. I know my neighbors send some on a regular basis to an aunt who had cancer and she is now doing better since drinking it. My boss who is also part Hawaiian tells me her mother made her drink the stuff whenever she had a cold. It still makes her shudder when she remembers the taste.

From what I gather it was/is a natural remedy used by native peoples that attracted the attention of New Age types who declared it a miracle cure-all. There may be valid properties and claims, hence the study by University of Hawaii, I'm not sure about all the other claims. Personally, I think I'll stick to my single malt scotch (no offense to you Jim Beam drinkers :blink: ) and beer. If someone wants a sample I can try to ask my neighbors for some and send to you.

Ah....

So it is like Cod-Liver-Oil, whatever that is.... I heard that it is supposed to be nasty though :P

Ok, so if it is only a few drops a day, then $1 / ounce might not be too bad.

However, my rule is...

Only take medication if you actually need medication.

Of course this is natural, but Pennicillan is also "natural", but that would do nasty things to a person if one took it on a daily basis.

---- Clifford -----