Western Union

So my wife needs to send money to her mother every month  I was going to set up an account in her name  but, guess the odds? her phone number (which she had for about 3 years)  had already been used by some lady name Diana and could not be used. So she using my account

8 hours ago, Hapa77 said:

So my wife needs to send money to her mother every month  I was going to set up an account in her name  but, guess the odds? her phone number (which she had for about 3 years)  had already been used by some lady name Diana and could not be used. So she using my account

Yes - once someone stops paying for their phone number, it will be released after a period of time - somewhere around 3 months to a year.

WeChat and AliPay, VERY recently, are much more "foreigner" friendly. Your wife might try setting up a new account under her foreign pohone number.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

On 7/17/2023 at 4:35 AM, Randy W said:

Yes - once someone stops paying for their phone number, it will be released after a period of time - somewhere around 3 months to a year.

WeChat and AliPay, VERY recently, are much more "foreigner" friendly. Your wife might try setting up a new account under her foreign pohone number.

Really? They might of changed it. my wife had this number for 3 Years

On 7/16/2023 at 9:49 PM, Barfus said:

Do you have to use western union? There are way easier and cheaper ways to send money to China nowadays

As of now yes, if we do it in person its $16 transfer up to $2000? Then it goes up . she don't have a bank account as of now. She's doing a couple part time jobs till she finds a full-time job

2 hours ago, Hapa77 said:

Really? They might of changed it. my wife had this number for 3 Years

I've had mine for 10 years - it's unclear what your point is here. Numbers are recycled when they're not in use.