New USA Covid Vaccination Rules and non approved vaccines

On 11/4/2021 at 8:21 PM, Randy W said:

Another thing to consider is a Zoom marriage in Utah. Others have posted on Visa Journey about using this for a successful marriage visa.

So I researched something similar earlier, but people said you have to meet in person to consummate the marriage.

Here's a quote from a lawyer's blog post on the issue that can also be found here:  https://lawandborder.com/is-a-utah-marriage-over-zoom-valid-for-immigration-purposes/

The term “spouse”, “wife”, or “husband” does not include a spouse, wife, or husband by reason of any marriage ceremony where the contracting parties thereto are not physically present in the presence of each other, unless the marriage shall have been consummated.INA 101(a)(35), 8 U.S.C. § 1101(a)(35)

The State Department further explains:  A marriage where one or both parties was not present (proxy marriage) is not valid unless the marriage was consummated.

It would have been great to apply for a marriage visa instead of a K1, but at this point, when the K1 is almost completed.  I can't just throw it away.  I'll just find another way for her to get here by getting vaccinated somewhere I guess.

Yes - like I've said, the Zoom marriage has been used for successful marriage visas, and as long as the State of Utah CERTIFIES that marriage, then yes, you ARE married. But, yes, immigration is another hoop to jump through.

There's also the possibility that her vaccine would be approved by the WHO. Keep an eye out for that. 

And let me know if you can find anything out from the immigrations hospitals in China.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)