Move to Canada and Change Interview Location?

Is it possible or a bad idea to move to Canada during the K1 process?  We submitted a few month ago and I'm awaiting the NOA2, but it's difficult not being able to see each other with all the travel restrictions.

If she got a student visa to study English in Canada, and I got a NAFTA Professionals visa, could we live together in Canada and would they move the interview location to Canada as counting on being able to travel back and forth to China during this time is a little bit tenuous.

Are there any pro/cons to this approach if it is possible.

Yes, NVC will change the interview location to where she lives by closing out the case in Guangzhou and opening a new one in Canada.

But my guess is that you're going to have more logistical problems with doing that, unless you have a clear path to follow. That is, how to get the needed visas and make the necessary moves.

You may want to just sit tight for now.

Thanks!

Honestly, we started researching this, because of the new CDC dog import requirements.  They labelled China as a high risk country for rabies, and will only issue an exception permit for lawful residents and US Citizens relocating permanently back home.  It appears that my girlfriend cannot apply for a permit as a K1 visa holder is not a lawful resident, and I'm not relocating to the USA, so I can't take the dog back.  Maybe we could apply after she got her LPR?

It would also be great to get to live with each other sooner and start our lives together

If we take the dog to Canada and live there for six months, the dog is no longer considered as coming from a high risk country according to CDC rules.

Edited by loveatfirstsite42 (see edit history)

from the CDC

High-Risk Countries for Dog Rabies

Dogs that have not been in a high-risk country in the previous 6 months are not required by CDC to present a rabies vaccination certificate or other paperwork, but vaccination against rabies is recommended.

Beginning July 14, 2021, there is a temporary suspension for dogs imported from high-risk countries for dog rabies. CDC has the authority to issue a CDC Dog Import Permit for US citizens and lawful residents relocating from high-risk countries to bring their dogs into the United States. Such permits will be issued on an extremely limited basis.

. . . BUT I'm sure you knew that already.

Also this - 

Canada has specific import requirements in place to avoid introducing animal diseases to protect its people, plants and animals.

Agree with Randy, it's probably best to not mess with things if you're already several months into the K1 process. Too much can go wrong, restrictions come and go every day, both of you need new visas, etc.   It's unfortunately you weren't able to marry and do CR1/IR1 instead, which seems to go much smoother and quicker these days, and an immediate relative (spouse) carries more weight than a fiance. Good luck