Bing is in Guangzhou

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to Bing this morning.  It appears that misinformation abounds around GZ.  Many people tell her it is difficult.  I keep telling her it is easy but none the less she is worried.  I have warned her about shysters outside the compound.  I also told her she would know right after interview if she passed or not but she seems to think they wont tell her until tomorrow.  Anyone heard anything like this?  Interview is in about 7 hours I guess I'll learn soon after.  The fingernails and meat up to the first knuckle are gone.

Carl

They let my lady know right away told her 4PM tommorow. This is history now for us she is here already. Just got SSN been here just over 3 weeks. 1 month April 20.. :D

Mike

lets see its 10:14 am in Guangzhou.. Bing should be in the building by now. Warp has a big telescope looking towards China. He Has 5 Cell Phones all around his body. He is pacing a wear spot on the new Tile in the Kitchen, he's checking house for any dust or dirt bing might find.. Please call bing please call.

Heck, it is only 8:30 in Oregon......

Carl will have quite a hole worn in the new kitchen linoleum by the time bedtime rolls around..... <_<

Do you think he will be able to sleep until he hears from her?

Best Wishes to both of you,

Clifford

This is nerve  wrecking for Carl

These consulates don't know what they put us through sometimes

Maybe we can sue for mental suffering <_<

Ummmm,

That would be like suing a doctor for mental anguish while a father waits in the waiting room while the wife is off having a baby....

Of course, a lot of things have changed in the last few decades as rarely are expectant fathers pacing up and down in the waiting room floor anymore.

------------------

Looking at Carl's timeline.......

11 months is a LONG wait, but it has been a fairly smooth ride from start to finish.

There is not a day I don't wonder how things would have been different had the "system" actually worked for me.

Yet, I also know the system takes it's toll on each and every one of us in a little different fashion. Rohbon who had to leave his baby in China as they waited for the visa. Patrick.... who gets to the brink of getting everything completed.... And gets thrown back into the pit.... And almost completeted.... And back to the pit!!!

Even those that finish quickly end up loosing more than a half year of their lives to our government.

------ Clifford ------

I don't know what's happening yet. Right now it is 12:20 PM in China. If she is still inside the consulate she has been there for 4 hours. I tried calling her cell phone and got a recording saying her phone is power off. This is truly nerve racking. As soon as I know anything it will be posted here on candle.

Mine was in the consulate for 6 hours. I think they tell them to turn off cell phoners so relax---valium and beer-valiume and beer. you will know soon---then it is only beer

Ummmm......

Take it easy on the valium..... Then you can break out the bubbly as soon as you hear!!!!!

Just imagine the racket in the place if they allowed every Chinese woman to bring her cell phone in.... Men calling them every 5 minutes for updates <_< :P :P

Guest itsalongway

Carl,

One thing I know for sure is that the guards ask you to leave your cell phones, pagers, etc with them. They are NOT allowed into the building.

As for the long wait, I heard that it was generally the case, nothing abnormal.

So loosen up and wait for the good news!