China Pushing US into a War

HotBaozi

AG Barr lays out an excellent press conference on how China is pushing the US into an all-out war. After having worked in China for six years I can corroborate every single word our Attorney General utters. This doesn't make for good discussion with our Chinese partners, but it should neither be ignored nor should it be censored.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/16/ag-barr-slams-hollywood-big-tech-for-kowtowing-to-the-chinese-communist-party/#.XxCTl6hG-n8.twitter

• 5 months later...

It is not getting any better but the wife says that they were dancing in the streets when Trump lost.   I don't know how to take that except they have him in their pocket.   I've read some things.   Perhaps they think that Xi can take advantage of Biden but for the time being China is ecstatic.   We will just have to wait and see what happens.

6 hours ago, amberjack1234 said:

It is not getting any better but the wife says that they were dancing in the streets when Trump lost.   I don't know how to take that except they have him in their pocket.   I've read some things.   Perhaps they think that Xi can take advantage of Biden but for the time being China is ecstatic.   We will just have to wait and see what happens.

China was simply biding their time until Trump left office, whether that would occur today, or four years in the future. They were also taking advantage where they could of his unpredictable nature.

I think the feeling is that Biden's win is a win for both sides.

Hopefully, Biden can be more successful in dealing with the trade, South China Seas, and Taiwan issues.