USCIS Online Account Number (for I-864)

I'm a bit confused here. What is the USCIS number? I have seen a LOT of numbers being used, such as the Social Security number, the A(lian) Number, and Receipt numbers. The space on the I-864 form has room for 12 digits (part 4, #13). Does every immigrant have such a number? Is it at all related to the A-Number? It does not seem available at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/logon.do, nor in any documentation we have received.

Thanks

Item Number 13. Sponsor’s USCIS Online Account Number (if any). If you (the sponsor) have previously filed an
application, petition, or request using the USCIS online filing system (previously called USCIS Electronic Immigration
System (USCIS ELIS)), provide the USCIS Online Account Number you were issued by the system. You can find your
USCIS Online Account Number by logging in to your account and going to the profile page. If you previously filed
certain applications, petitions, or requests on a paper form via a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may have received a USCIS
Online Account Access Notice issuing you a USCIS Online Account Number. If you received such a notice, your USCIS
Online Account Number can be found at the top of the notice. If you were issued a USCIS Online Account Number, enter
it in the space provided. The USCIS Online Account Number is not the same as an A-Number

Item Number 13. Sponsor’s USCIS Online Account Number (if any). If you (the sponsor) have previously filed an
application, petition, or request using the USCIS online filing system (previously called USCIS Electronic Immigration
System (USCIS ELIS)), provide the USCIS Online Account Number you were issued by the system. You can find your
USCIS Online Account Number by logging in to your account and going to the profile page.

I have tried looking for a USCIS number there. We have filed three applications over the past six years, all of which show up on the system. But the profile page does not list a number. Is it possible that number system is being phased out?