The universe

I had to look it up - apparently, the Milkdromeda name is real

And apparently, something to look forward to.

I find it hard to believe that, with the nearest solar system over 4 light years away, that we would ever find another planet even possibly habitable, except for Mars, the moon, and the twilight zone on Mercury.

Oops - "Unfortunately, Mercury is not tidally locked, so it doesn't have this zone and therefore doesn't have temperate regions anywhere on the planet."

But perhaps we could consider mining facilities around Saturn or Jupiter.

Not in anyone's lifetime, though.

The Andromeda–Milky Way collision is a galactic collision predicted to occur in about 4.5 billion years between the two largest galaxies in the Local Group—the Milky Way (which contains the Solar System and Earth) and the Andromeda Galaxy. The stars involved are sufficiently far apart that it is improbable that any of them will individually collide. Some stars will be ejected from the resulting galaxy, nicknamed Milkomeda or Milkdromeda.

Not to worry -- "The stars involved are sufficiently far apart that it is improbable that any of them will individually collide."

From what I gather from this guy is that we are working with what we can see. For all, we know the universe maybe 5. 10 or maybe 90 times larger or perhaps infinite than we think it is. Of course, there are other theories too, the string theory, multiverse theory, etc. All that we can see is what light has reached us traveling at the speed of light from its sources. That one galaxy that is the furthest object that we can see maybe the limit of what we may ever see. If the universe keeps on expanding at the present rate the only galaxy that humans (if there are any) will be able to see will be Milkdromeda. The universe is expanding at the speed of light so the light form whatever is beyond what we can see maybe all that we will ever see.

I was hoping that the Webb telescope would be up and operational by now to find out if we can see anything else further out.

• Like 1

But once you go beyond the "observable universe" or inside the event horizon of a black hole, the laws of physics fall apart. Trying to extend what we observe to beyond that point is pointless, in my view

It will take someone with a lot more smarts than Einstein to break that barrier.

• Like 1

I don't know if it will ever happen but we never thought we would go to the moon either and look how quickly that happened. Interstellar travel will never happen I don't believe because of the speed it would take and at that speed things as small as an atom may become a problem for the hull of the ship.