Driver's License Test

Guest Long_strider

Guest Long_strider

Yuqing passed the behind the wheel driver's test today. I have never seen someone smile so much!!!!

Now on to the job hunt....

long_strider

This morning I took my wife out for road practice. I took her out two days ago. She had 10 hours of driving lessons already with a driving instructor last year (4 months ago). She did well today until I told her to turn right into the gas station (crossing one lane). She moved a little and then she hesitated. Then I told her to move faster. Then a speedy car hit the right side of my car. Fortunately, the crash was minor and the only damages are scratches. The other car's bumper was scratched slightly (an old American car). So I had to exchange registration info to the other driver. Hopefully, she won't try to rid off my insurance. I will just paint over my scratches on my car.

So watch out when you try to teach your gal how to drive. :D

This morning I took my wife out for road practice.  I took her out two days ago.  She had 10 hours of driving lessons already with a driving instructor last year (4 months ago).  She did well today until I told her to turn right into the gas station (crossing one lane).  She moved a little and then she hesitated.  Then I told her to move faster.  Then a speedy car hit the right side of my car.  Fortunately, the crash was minor and the only damages are scratches.  The other car's bumper was scratched slightly (an old American car).  So I had to exchange registration info to the other driver.  Hopefully, she won't try to rid off my insurance.  I will just paint over my scratches on my car.

So watch out when you try to teach your gal how to drive. :lol:

OMG! What a story!!!

I let JM drive once. While she nearly hit every parked car on the street, she repeated, "I'm a good driver....see?" I was going nuts!

Before this event, I was stupid enough to convince her she needed a new Corvette (it's really for me, of course). Everytime she sees a yellow Vett now, she says, "That's my car!" What was I thinking???

http://www.100megsfree4.com/corvette/2000/2003/03yellow1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest beishan

:) Aloha from Hawaii,

I have been inactive for almost a year. My wife passed her road test

on the fourth try. While learning to drive she took destroyed the

front bumper of the instructor's car, a water faucet and a mail box

in three accidents. Her driving is improving.

Myles

This topic scares me to tears. Ling keeps asking me when I will teach her to drive. My answer is always HA HA Ha Ha Ha Ha. While driving down the Interstate two days ago at around 80 mph she decided she would steer. She grabbed the wheel and made a hard right hand turn from the right lane on a straight piece of road with no crossroad. Well, no real damage only a couple of very frightened deer and a husband in need of new underwear. I have put off any future driving lessons pending intravenous valium injections.

WeiPing keeps asking if she will learn to drive when she come to the US.

I suggested starting out on a Vespa. Then she told me she tried to learn to ride a bike and never could get the hang of it.

:o OH JEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Driving School, yes definitely, Driving School.

After your wives have a drivers license, I encourage all of you to send them to a driving dynamics class.

The license school taught them how to drive legally. Which is good enough for 97% of the time.

A driving dynamics class will teach them how to avoid misadventure during the remaining 3% of the time when things go horribly wrong.

Teach your wives how to change a flat tire, where to expect black ice (so sorry, "Afro-American ice"), remind them not to suddenly swerve to avoid a dog or a deer (better to certainly hit the deer, than possibly hit a tree / oncoming car-- moose are a different story), how to jump start a car, change the fuses, get them a AAA card.

But please don't set them loose on the roads with nothing more than a drivers license.

• 3 weeks later...
After your wives have a drivers license, I encourage all of you to send them to a driving dynamics class.

The license school taught them how to drive legally.  Which is good enough for 97% of the time.

A driving dynamics class will teach them how to avoid misadventure during the remaining 3% of the time when things go horribly wrong. 

Teach your wives how to change a flat tire, where to expect black ice (so sorry, "Afro-American ice"), remind them not to suddenly swerve to avoid a dog or a deer (better to certainly hit the deer, than possibly hit a tree / oncoming car-- moose are a different story), how to jump start a car, change the fuses, get them a AAA card.

But please don't set them loose on the roads with nothing more than a drivers license.

Teaching my wife to drive was a no choice deal since I couldnt locate a driving school. The problem was that we nearly always got into it when she was getting her lessons. She did learn,but we totalled one car in the process. An expensive lesson. But she is a good driver and has her license.

Speaking of car, my wife passed the road test on the fourth attempt too. We were so happy. She almost thought people were conspired against her. :lol: That is the happy part, and then come the shock. Car insurance for a new driver is so expensive. Then, we received a notice on the same day she passed her test that we need more proofs of immigration status . So, we have to go back to DMV, waited for two hours, and let them copy her EAD card. The particular DMV person didn't wait to copy her AOS receipt. Hopefully, her license will show up in a few weeks.

Anyway, I am well trained in patience since the K-1 visa days, and my wife appreciates that very much.

Luke