Green card ten year interview

Gather together whatever evidence you have of your life together - pictures, Bill's, statements from any accounts in both names, etc. As long as you ARE married, this should be a piece of cake.

The bar is much lower at this point. In the USA, two people who CLAIM that they are married, most likely are.

Check out topics tagged ROC (removal of conditions)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/tags/ROC/

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Just curious, do you pay the full fee for the 10-year renewal? I think I know the answer. My wife lost her green card. I figured it might cost $10 to print up a new one, but, no, it cost $540 to replace it. Still don't have it. They said it would take about a year. Funny. The first time around, we scheduled an interview before we refiled her application for a green card because we were unsure why it was rejected the first time. The problem was we provided too much information. He told us exactly what to do, namely to get rid of superfluous information like her fiancee visa. Basically, keep it simple and don't confuse them with documents, even if they asked for the information. The guy told us acceptance was pretty much automatic. I imagine the ten-year renewal is more the same. Randy gives the perfect answer. We submitted the application for her first green card in February and interviewed in April. My wife asked how long it would take to get her green card. The guy said 6 months to a year. We got an electronic notification the next day, and a confirmation letter in about a week. The green card came in May. The replacement is another story. They told us it would take a year. That's was last December. She'll probably have her citizenship before it arrives.

Yes - the $540 fee is for replacement of the existing card. when the old card expires, you simply file for a replacement with the same $540 form.

If I had known that she didn't need an actual green card to apply for citizenship, I wouldn't have replaced it. But, there is probably a gotcha in there. They likely would have made her apply for another green card for her rather than just submitting a copy. Now that she has applied for a replacement, a copy is sufficient for the citizenship process, so they say.