Chinese address on Form I-129F

Hello,

I am currently in the process of filing Form I-129F, to apply for a visa for my Chinese fiance. I'm a little confused as to how to enter her address since all the address fields are not long enough to cover for the Pinyin translation. Also, the online I-129F will not allow dashes, her street number reads something like '149-7' so I'm unsure as to how to enter her the street number correctly.

A search on this site led me to a similar post where someone suggested submitting her Pinyin address as an attachment to the application. If so, do I leave all the address fields blank or do I enter a reference to the additional documentation?

Any help to ensure that her address is correctly entered on the form will be appreciated!

Thanks,

S.K.

Edited by sklein (see edit history)

The I-129F cannot be submitted online. You will need to print it, enter anything not allowed by their template, and then submit to their lockbox address.

The mailing address should be in Chinese characters, which are required by the Chinese postal service. You can do a bit of image manipulation - cut and paste the exact address onto an image of that page, one field at a time.

Everything else can use the Part 8 Additional Information section as needed.

• Like 1

Oh, this form now is a change from how it used to be structured. I have no idea why they would expect anyone to shoehorn an international address into those little data entry boxes.

Yes, the Part 8 Additional Information section is new - use it as needed instead of any attachment.

• Like 1

Thanks Randy! So, if the Pinyin translation of the beneficiary's Chinese address is to be entered in Part 8 Additional information section, what do I put in fields 11, 12, 16 (for employment), and 47? Do I leave these empty or do I put some kind of reference to Part 8?