Certified mail?

When you mail in the citizenship paper work, can you send it as certified mail or regular mail? Do they accept certified mail or some proof of delivery? Or they won’t since it is a PO Box and no one is there to sign it?

Look for an alternate address for certified mail or for FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries. If there isn't one, you can ask for signed delivery where the delivery person verifies that it was delivered.

The addresses are listed here under Where to file - https://www.uscis.gov/n-400

We are in NYC and it said for New York use the following:

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS
P.O. Box 660060
Dallas, TX 75266

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: N-400
2501 S State Hwy 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

so if we were to use the post office and mail it to the PO box in Dallas, we can't use signed on delivery since it is a PO box?

USCIS

P.O. Box 660060

Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

so if we were to use the post office and mail it to the PO box in Dallas, we can't use signed on delivery since it is a PO box?

Correct - they have said in the past that they recommend you send it to the courier address for signed on delivery. I'm fairly sure that's still the case.

Seems like it's best to just request delivery confirmation

The wording used to be:

USCIS Dallas Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service Deliveries (USPS):
USCIS
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266
For Express mail and courier service (i.e. Fed Ex, DHL, etc.)
deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: AOS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

I've heard in the past of applications mailed to the PO Box languishing while waiting for a delivery signature at the PO Box.

USCIS

P.O. Box 660060

Dallas, TX 75266

USCIS

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Correct - they have said in the past that they recommend you send it to the courier address for signed on delivery. I'm fairly sure that's still the case.

Seems like it's best to just request delivery confirmation

delivery confirmation doesn't require a signature, correct? so i can use deilvery confirmation to the address below?

USCIS
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266

delivery confirmation doesn't require a signature, correct? so i can use deilvery confirmation to the address below?

USCIS
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266

Yes - no RECEIVING signature, Just a confirmation that a delivery was made

https://support.shippingeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/203085189-What-is-USPS-Delivery-Confirmation-

USPS delivery confirmation helps you track and confirm your packages by letting you know the date and time your shipment has been delivered or that a delivery attempt was made. It is also known as “USPS tracking”.
Delivery confirmation/USPS tracking is good for many situations, such as when you are shipping high value goods, want to know when your packages are delivered, or want your customers to know when they should expect their shipments.