Non Criminal background check

Hello,

I have been living in Henan province for the past 4 years since 2015. This is my 5th year. Every winter and summer break i travel to the US or India. My query is concerning the time period for which the non criminal background check would be issued? I have heard people say that it is only issued from the date of the latest entry stamp into China.

My workplace does provide room and board and one of the staff was saying that the home registration document which will be provided by the company and which I need to submit to the notary and the local police station will be issued only from the latest entry stamp.

I am confused as to why they wouldn't provide a document from 2015 onward. I do understand every province and town might have its own procedure but I just wanted to clarify the above query. Would it create a problem during the interview if they dont provide it since 2015?

I hope my query makes sense and help in this matter is appreciated. Thank you.

Take names, dates, times, PSB location, etc. - write down what you are told.

Do they best you can and let it go at that.

They don't ask for the impossible, but they do expect you to try.

See Police Certificates for Foreigners Living in China part way down the page, especially the write up from Gary Chodorow and

A "crazy mixed-up process - mission accomplished" - a detailed account on Visa Journey

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I will be starting my Non Criminal background check procedure. I got the accommodation register form and a letter from my company. I hope to to go for my final interview in Guangzhou in January. Does anyone know for how long is the Non criminal background certificate valid for? I have been getting conflicting reports that it may be valid only for 2 months but others have told me for 6 months to 1 year.

Thank you.

Hello,

Here is an update: I was able to go to the Notary and then the Police station to get the Non criminal background check document. Apparently it is valid only for 60 days( Maybe it is a Henan province thing). After I got the document, I wanted to know what its and someone translated it for me. They told me the purpose is change of nationality even though it is immigration. I hope that won't be an issue during the interview since it clearly says there is no criminal record concerning me.

The next step is to go to the PSB and get another official stamp from them which takes 3 working days. The final step is to go back to the notary and get everything translated which I believe comes back in a booklet form.

The problem is if its only valid for 60 days from today (7 Nov) , Would it still be ok to schedule an interview past the expiration date of the Non criminal background check document. ( I have work obligations from now to the beginning of January) . I think I am just worried about that. Any advise or suggestion on the matter. Thank you.

Hello,

Here is an update: I was able to go to the Notary and then the Police station to get the Non criminal background check document. Apparently it is valid only for 60 days( Maybe it is a Henan province thing). After I got the document, I wanted to know what its and someone translated it for me. They told me the purpose is change of nationality even though it is immigration. I hope that won't be an issue during the interview since it clearly says there is no criminal record concerning me.

The next step is to go to the PSB and get another official stamp from them which takes 3 working days. The final step is to go back to the notary and get everything translated which I believe comes back in a booklet form.

The problem is if its only valid for 60 days from today (7 Nov) , Would it still be ok to schedule an interview past the expiration date of the Non criminal background check document. ( I have work obligations from now to the beginning of January) . I think I am just worried about that. Any advise or suggestion on the matter. Thank you.

I expect you'll be okay, but, if you're worried, you could get another one closer to the interview date - or simply wait and see if they require a new one at the interview.

From what I'm seeing, police certificates are generally accepted up to one year after issuance, regardless of what it says on the certificate, but, of course, it's up to the consulate.

• Like 1

Thank you Randy. I think I will wait and see what the consulate has to say. It is a big pain getting the Non criminal background check as I stay 1.5 hours away from the PSB and Notary offices. Too much of money and time getting everything done. Hopefully the consulate will be ok with it.

Thank you Randy. I think I will wait and see what the consulate has to say. It is a big pain getting the Non criminal background check as I stay 1.5 hours away from the PSB and Notary offices. Too much of money and time getting everything done. Hopefully the consulate will be ok with it.

I think that's probably a good bet - but it IS up to them. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I finally got my translated Non criminal background check. Here are the steps I had to go through:

1. Collected Accommodation registration document and letter of employment from employer.

2. Took the documents to the Notary who in turn gave me another document in Chinese

3. Took the document given by the notary to the local police station and handed the notary document.

4. The Police issued a non criminal chinese document and stamped it.

4. After receiving the stamp from the police station , took the same police document to the local PSB to get their stamp.

5. After receiving both red stamps (Police stamp and PSB stamp) on the police document , went back to the Notary to get it translated.

6. Received the translated copy (a Long white book) of non criminal record

The police document will mention 60 days. We asked the Notary about this and they confirmed that you need to finish the process at the notary within 60 days. The translated copy from the Notary is valid between 3 and 6 months depending on where we submit it, which was a relief. Please make copies of all documents before submission as the concerned officials may not return the documents (Accommodation registration letter, Employment letter, etc)

I hope the above is helpful to other people in the process. I had to make several trips to the police station, PSB and the Notary and always had a Chinese friend with me for translation purposes.

• Like 1

. . .

The police document will mention 60 days. We asked the Notary about this and they confirmed that you need to finish the process at the notary within 60 days. The translated copy from the Notary is valid between 3 and 6 months depending on where we submit it, which was a relief. Please make copies of all documents before submission as the concerned officials may not return the documents (Accommodation registration letter, Employment letter, etc)

I hope the above is helpful to other people in the process. I had to make several trips to the police station, PSB and the Notary and always had a Chinese friend with me for translation purposes.

Thanks so much for reporting back.