Comments, and feedback will be appreciated.

My wife came to the USA from Nanchang China. We got married in Nanchang, China. My wife stayed in the USA for ~one month and then she returned Nanchang, China. My wife said that she needed to return to do a few things. I hope that her visa will allow her to return without more documents and questions. Comments, and feedback will be appreciated. - Fred

Edited by Randy W
Moved from Shout Box (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Moved from Shout Box to allow proper discussion.

She will need either her green card or an I-551 stamp in her passport in order to return.

If she has neither, perhaps she can get travel documents through her American consulate.

Actually, she probably IS okay - IF her visa has the wording "Serves as Temporary I-551 Evidencing Permanent Residence for One Year"

No, the visa itself is only good for 1 entry, but it DOES serve a dual purpose as evidence of permanent Residency - which allows multiple entries.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
I am not clear on the type of visa., but my wife has the green card, a social security number, and a temporary state ID card. The permanent state ID card was mailed recently. I hope that my wife can easily return to the USA. I was married in China a few years ago.

Fred

I am not clear on the type of visa., but my wife has the green card, a social security number, and a temporary state ID card. The permanent state ID card was mailed recently. I hope that my wife can easily return to the USA. I was married in China a few years ago.
Fred

The green card is all she needs for a trip of up to six months.